Program Management Specialist
The University of Maryland, Baltimore (UMB), School of Medicine - Office of Student Research is currently recruiting for a Program Management Specialist. Under general supervision, performs a variety of routine professional and analytical assignments involving the practical application of management principles and techniques to routine operational activities.
UMB offers a generous benefits package, which includes with 11 vacation days, 14 floating and holidays, 15 sick days; comprehensive health insurance and retirement options; and tuition remission for employees and their dependents at any of the University System of Maryland schools.
- Assists in the management of assigned program or supervision of an operational unit. Assists in the planning and implementation of new or revised programs, procedures, practices and organization.
- Assists in or conducts studies and analyses of programs, organizations, procedures, or systems of limited scope or assists senior specialists in more complex projects.
- Collects, compiles, and organizes data pertinent to various ongoing studies. Analyzes, summarizes, and communicates this information to appropriate officials.
- Assists in the preparation of final reports, recommendations, and other information resources for the improvement of the organizational element or its programs.
- Assists in planning and coordinating administrative activities of a program, such as assisting in the formulation and preparation of the organizations`s budgets, grant proposals, and project proposals.
- Consults with program head and administrative officials regarding policies, trends, and interpretation of data and program needs following specific instructions.
- Conducts basic efficiency, time and cost studies and analyses of work processes and systems. Prepares simple statistical tables and charts, staffing patterns, work flow and organization charts.
- Establishes effective communication channels and acts as liaison between the program and officials within and outside the institution.
- May supervises clerical personnel.
- Maintain databases for student communication, help to develop forms and system procedures to monitor data collection and reviews.
- Manage OSR website.
- Manage OSR database of student-specific information.
- Prepare queries and reports.
- Respond to routine and non-routine student and faculty challenges and questions.
- Monitor and assist in managing office finances.
- Conduct routine evaluation of office activities.
- Coordinate office meetings including developing agenda, recording minutes and following up on action items.
- Schedule and promote OSR activities to students and wider SOM community.
Education: Bachelor's degree.
Experience: Two (2) years experience in administrative staff work.
OTHER: Except for qualifications established by law, additional related experience and formal education in which one has gained the knowledge, skills, and abilities required for full performance of the work of the job class may be substituted for the education or experience requirement on a year-for-year basis with 30 college credits being equivalent to one year of experience. Required Knowledge/Skills/Abilities:
Elementary knowledge of reference and research methods and techniques used in collecting, compiling, and organizing data and information; of basic methods and techniques used in organizing and conducting studies and analyses or programs, procedures, and organizations; of basic analytical and statistical principles and techniques. Skill in the use of office automation software and its application; in operating manual and automated office equipment. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships; to present ideas and information clearly and concisely both orally and in writing; to perform mathematical computations; to present statistical material in chart and graph form.
Based on the duties of this position, selected candidates are eligible to participate in the Bargaining Unit (Union).
Salary Range: $40,000 - $48,780.49
UMB is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law or policy If you need a reasonable accommodation for a disability, for any part of the employment process, please contact us at [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Job: Reg or CII Non-Exempt Staff
Shift: Day Job
Organization: School of Medicine - Academic Affairs
Job Posting: Apr 1, 2021
Unposting Date: Apr 15, 2021, 11:59:00 PM