Associate Director, Data Analytics
The University of Maryland, Baltimore (UMB), School of Pharmacy is currently seeking an Associate Director of Data Analytics (Data Analytics Manager) within Pharmaceutical Research Computing (PRC).
- Design research studies in collaboration with faculty investigators.
- Using SAS, STATA and/or R, analyze data through statistical approaches such as longitudinal analysis, mixed effect modeling, logistic regression analyses, and model building techniques.
- Prepare manuscript drafts for publication and presentation at professional conferences.
- Calculate power and sample size calculations for observational studies.
- Write detailed analysis plans and descriptions of analyses and findings for research protocols or reports.
- Supervise the work of the analytic arm staff (statisticians and research coordinators)
- Serve as a primary point of contact between PRC and project clients. Lead efforts to build client rapport, including development of scoping requests, review of data requirements, and validation of data. Identify process flows and quality assurance/control measures to monitor and control schedule, scope, and budget.
- Establish and maintain database files and reports on progress of programs, studies, and/or projects using program management software (e.g. MS Project, Agile Project Management, BillQuick, or other).
- Use appropriate software to produce professional layout of study-related outputs for use in publications, posters, or presentation in other professional/academic venues.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: Master's degree in statistics or mathematicsEXPERIENCE: Five (5) years of statistical analysis experience analyzing studies using a range of statistical techniques in a related environment.SUPERVISORY EXPERIENCE: Two (2) years of direct supervision and management experienceKNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:Thorough knowledge of position requirements. Thorough knowledge of all applicable requirements, regulations, and laws. Skill in effective use of applicable technology/systems. Ability to effectively communicate both verbal and written thoughts, ideas, and facts. Ability to support a mission and strategic vision. Instructional, training, and teambuilding skills to strengthen and cultivate relationships. Skill in consultation and change management. Ability to demonstrate, understand, apply, and adhere to the UMB Core Values of Accountability, Civility, Collaboration, Diversity, Excellence, Leadership, and KnowledgeHIRING RANGE: Commensurate with experience and education. (~$95K - $105K)UMB is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law or policy. For assistance related to employment, please contact the Staffing department at [email protected]. If you anticipate needing a reasonable accommodation for a disability under the Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA), during any part of the employment process, please submit a UMB Job Applicant Accommodation Request. You may also contact [email protected]. Please note that only inquiries concerning an ADA request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Job: Reg or CII Exempt Staff
Shift: Day Job
Organization: School of Pharmacy - Pharmaceutical Health Services Research
Job Posting: Apr 2, 2021
Unposting Date: Apr 16, 2021, 11:59:00 PM