Clinical Research Assistant
The Department of Psychiatry at the University of Maryland, Baltimore has an opening for a Clinical Research Assistant to work at the Maryland Psychiatric Research Center (MPRC). As a part of MPRC’s Outpatient Research program, the selected candidate will assist with the coordination and conduct of a study on tobacco dependence processes in people with schizophrenia. The study involves cognitive testing and measuring actual cigarette smoking in people with schizophrenia and healthy volunteers. This Exempt, Contractual position offers a generous benefits package that includes 10 vacation days, 11 personal and holidays, 5 sick days; comprehensive health insurance and supplemental retirement options; and limited tuition remission for employees enrolled at UMB. The University of Maryland, Baltimore was ranked one of America's Best Large Employers by Forbes Magazine. (Feb 2021)This position reports to the Maryland Psychiatric Research Center located on the grounds of Spring Grove Hospital in Catonsville, MD. This is a Contractual Position. Essential Functions:
- Recruiting, screening, and scheduling participants for the research study, including obtaining consent and verification of eligibility.
- Coordinating medical screening and study sessions.
- Administering computerized cognitive tasks and performing paper & pencil assessments; conducting research interviews.
- Guiding participants through day-long experimental and observational sessions involving cigarette smoking.
- Scoring, following standardized procedures; managing and processing data; checking data accuracy and validity.
- Maintaining databases and reporting on study progress.
- Performing other related duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Psychology, Cognitive Science, Neuroscience, Behavioral Science, or related field of study to position required.
Experience: Prior experience with human behavioral research preferred. Basic understanding of research and clinical methods preferred. Consideration may be given for a unique combination of education and experience. Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Ability to understand and utilize basic scientific and medical terminology in both verbal and written communications.
- Maintains productivity and high standards with the work being performed. Assumes personal responsibility for all outcomes. Makes effective and timely decisions. Effectively uses technology and acquires new skills with ease.
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing. Writes and presents information in a clear and concise way. Interprets and understands written information.
The Hiring Range for this position is in the low $40,000s, commensurate with education and experience. UMB is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law or policy. For assistance related to employment, please contact the Staffing department at [email protected]
If you anticipate needing a reasonable accommodation for a disability under the Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA), during any part of the employment process, please submit a UMB Job Applicant Accommodation Request. You may also contact [email protected] Please note that only inquiries concerning an ADA request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Job: Reg or CII Exempt Staff
Shift: Day Job
Organization: School of Medicine - Psychiatry
Job Posting: Apr 2, 2021
Unposting Date: Apr 16, 2021, 10:59:00 PM