Veterinary Facility Manager
The University of Maryland School of Medicine has an exciting opportunity for a Veterinary Facility Manager to work in the Program for Comparative Medicine. The Veterinary Facility Manager manages and provides planning and direction in the operations of one of four animal care facility on campus. The Manager develops, implements, and maintains its policies, procedures, and programs in order to assure cohesiveness and effectiveness. The selected candidate is responsible for supervision of laboratory animal technicians and support staff; training of employees and students in lab and laboratory animal techniques; adherence to quality standards.
This Exempt, Regular position offers a generous benefits package that includes 22 vacation days, 14 floating and holidays, 15 sick days; comprehensive health insurance and retirement options; and tuition remission for employees and their dependents at any of the University System of Maryland schools.
The University of Maryland, Baltimore was ranked one of America's Best Large Employers by Forbes Magazine. (Feb 2021) Essential Functions
- Manage functional personnel in alignment with department and campus-wide goals/objectives in order to promote maximum staff member benefit and effectiveness as well as overall functional productivity.
- Maintain functional efficiency and productivity by developing, implementing, and coordinating policies and procedures.
- Foster and support a conducive consultant/client environment, providing business unit and campus representatives with assessment, training, and advisement in functional area.
- Monitor, review, and evaluate ongoing functional programs and controls, assessing needs and facilitating improvements.
- Perform such administrative duties as staff supervision, performance evaluation, budgetary tracking, report formulation, and quality assurance.
- Create a cohesive work team that works collaboratively to achieve unit’s goals. Oversees the recruitment, performance, and training of team members and continually reviews strengths and weaknesses of staff to maintain a well-trained, highly involved, and motivated team.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in field and/or related field. Master’s degree and/or additional certification is preferred.
Experience: Four (4) years of experience spent progressively building a background in a related functional area.
Supervisory: One (1) year providing direct supervision.
Other: May require training related to occupational safety and health, environmental compliance, shipping of hazardous materials and/or ionizing radiation.
Equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
The Hiring Range for this position is in the mid $60,000s to mid $70,000s, commensurate with education and experience. UMB is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law or policy. For assistance related to employment, please contact the Staffing department at [email protected]If you anticipate needing a reasonable accommodation for a disability under the Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA), during any part of the employment process, please submit a UMB Job Applicant Accommodation Request. You may also contact [email protected] Please note that only inquiries concerning an ADA request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Job: Reg or CII Exempt Staff
Shift: Day Job
Organization: School of Medicine - Research & Graduate Studies
Job Posting: Apr 1, 2021
Unposting Date: May 1, 2021, 11:59:00 PM