Application Developer, Intermediate
Putting technology to work at Georgia State University. Are you passionate about technology, your clients’ success, and looking to make a difference? Ranked the #2 Most Innovative National University by US News and World Report, Georgia State is a leading force in the digital transformation of higher education. Georgia State's central technology services group, Instructional Innovation and Technology (IIT), seeks to inspire, support, and enable innovative solutions to advance learning, research and economic enterprise. IIT is leading the pursuit to find solutions to the unique challenges associated with information technology and serve as leaders in a global network of knowledge creation and sharing by earning the role of valued partners and trusted advisors for evolving technology solutions, discovering, creating, and implementing new models of higher education for a community of diverse learners, creating and supporting innovative solutions that improve the lives of our students, our city and our state, attracting, developing and retaining talented and capable professionals and fostering an innovative culture of leaders where collaboration, ownership, creativity, and efficiency are key.
- Responds to customer reports of problems, system performance anomalies, and/or general inquiries.
- Includes application code troubleshooting and design, programming, testing, and debugging of application patches/fixes, etc.
- Formulates and defines systems scope and objectives through research and fact-finding.
- Includes analysis and documentation of business processes and functional requirements.
- Considers the business implications of the application of technology to the business environment.
- Translates functional requirements and prepares detailed program specifications from which programs will be written.
- Responsible for identifying appropriate resources needed.
- Developing project plan/schedule.
- Scheduling and facilitating small project meetings.
- Coordinating activities of project team.
- eporting project status to both management and customer.
- Participates in meetings and communicates regularly with both management and customer regarding project and/or application support activity status.
- Some moderate interaction with external vendors.
- Responsible for program design, coding, testing, debugging, and documentation.
Bachelor's degree and two years of related experience; or a combination of education and related experience.
04/30/21, 10:59:00 PM
College/Business Unit: Instructional Innovation & Technology
Location: Atlanta Campus
Job Posting: 04/01/21, 8:03:02 AM