DATA QUALITY ANALYST
University of California Irvine
DATA QUALITY ANALYST
Updated: Apr 2, 2021
Location: UC Irvine Campus
Department: OIT Central Srvcs Operations
Job Opening ID: 17054
Reports To: Data Systems Analyst IV
Working Title: Data Quality Analyst
Department: OIT Central Services Operations
Bargaining Unit: 99
Payroll Job Code: 007199
Job Location: UCI Campus- Irvine
Percent of Time: 100%
Work Schedule: M-F, 8-5
Employee Class: Contract
This is a one year contract appointment position with the possibility of additional year contract appointment extensions. Per the University of California (UC) recruitment policy, because this position has undergone competitive recruitment, this position can be converted to career status any time after hire, as conversion meets criteria set by UC recruitment policy and the needs of the Office of Information Technology department.
The Office of Information Technology (OIT) is responsible for supporting the IT needs of UC Irvine faculty, students, and staff. Our mission is to provide information technology leadership, services, and innovative solutions to promote the research, education and community service goals of the University. The OIT Business Intelligence and Data Warehouse team is responsible for the design, development, deployment, documentation, ongoing maintenance and support of the enterprise data warehouse (EDW) and decision support for the campus. The EDW is the centerpiece of the campus reporting and analytics strategy, facilitating decision making at all levels.
Under general supervision, the Data Quality Analyst will play an instrumental role in the organization to develop and support an enterprise data quality solution for the Student Data Warehouse (SDW) project. This data warehouse effort incorporates operational and transactional data from a variety of sources to provide operational data stores and dimensionally modeled data repositories, in support of ad-hoc analysis, reporting, displaying of key performance indicators (KPIs), projections and what-if modeling at the campus, school and departmental levels. This role will support the University's ability to analyze and assess data quality across multiple systems, and to mitigate issues. As an active participant in data quality projects from a process and technology perspective, the incumbent will work closely with the transactional systems and business owners in helping to support the SDW Data Governance Committee with actionable information to improve the quality and value of data assets. The incumbent also will work closely with SDW and upstream data systems and their technical staffs to investigate, discover and document data quality issues, and to research, implement, test and document solutions. The incumbent is responsible for having intimate knowledge of the business rules for how UCI manages student information for admissions, enrollment, registration, teaching & learning and other related business processes. Works with stakeholders to develop standards for assessing data quality, develop processes for cleansing data, and works with system owners to correct data quality issues at the source. Implements and maintains metadata, data governance and data quality management software. Duties include developing data quality testing scripts and implementing data cleansing processes into existing ETL workflows. Conducts data profiling, data quality assessments on completeness, validity, accuracy, non-duplication, timeliness, presentation utility, and intuitiveness. Develops data quality rules, identifies metrics and designs data quality scorecards and dashboards for reporting. Investigates data to discover and mitigate issues.
Compensation Range: Commensurate with experience
Department Website: https://www.oit.uci.edu/
- Three (3) or more years of working experience developing data quality and data cleansing processes/scripts.
- Bachelor's degree in related area and / or equivalent experience / training.
- Ability to prepare data quality test plans and automated scripts unassisted. Familiarity with data model patterns in one or more common business or academic domains. Familiarity with logical data design and data mapping or data conversion.
- Familiarity with data quality and governance issues and requirements. Ability to represent relevant information in abstract models. Thorough knowledge of data management systems, practices and standards. Thorough knowledge of relevant rules and regulations.
- Demonstrated ability to work with others from diverse backgrounds. Demonstrated effective communication and interpersonal skills. Demonstrated service orientation skills. Demonstrated ability to communicate technical information to technical and non-technical personnel at various levels in the organization.
- Self-motivated and works independently and as part of a team. Demonstrated strong problem-solving skills. Able to learn effectively and meet deadlines.
- Strong organizational skills. Strong analytical and design skills, including the ability to abstract information requirements from real-world processes to understand information flows in computer systems. Ability to represent relevant information in abstract models. Critical thinking skills and attention to detail.
- Experience working with confidential and sensitive data. Direct experience working with business and technical users on extracting data quality requirements.
- Knowledge of FERPA, HIPAA and SB1386 Security laws and other legislation governing security of IT activity.
- Ability to document procedures, processes, guidelines, data formats, data dictionaries and developed systems for technical and non-technical users.
- In depth experience with SQL programming and relational database management systems such as Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, or DB2.
- Experience with business intelligence technologies and tools, such as IBM Cognos, Business Objects, Oracle Business Intelligence (OBIEE), and Tableau. Experience with ETL tools such as Informatica, IBM Data Stage and Oracle Data Integrator. Experience in a higher education environment, especially working with student, employee and financial data.
- Knowledge of and experience with standard data warehousing techniques, data modeling, star and snowflake schema design and implementation, and design patterns.
- Experience implementing cloud-based analytics solutions.
- Direct experience implementing data lakes, data virtualization, and/or big data solutions.
- Experience working on agile development projects.
Final candidate subject to background check. As a federal contractor, UC Irvine is required to use E-Verify to confirm the work status of individuals assigned to perform substantial work under certain federal contracts/subcontracts.
The University of California, Irvine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.
UCI provides reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities upon request. For more information, please contact Human Resources at (949) 824-0500.
To apply, visit https://careersucirvine.ttcportals.com/jobs/6543814-data-quality-analyst
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency