Director, Creative Content for Men's Basketball (5173U) 16958
Director, Creative Content for Men's Basketball (5173U) 16958 About Berkeley
At the University of California, Berkeley, we are committed to creating a community that fosters equity of experience and opportunity, and ensures that students, faculty, and staff of all backgrounds feel safe, welcome and included. Our culture of openness, freedom and belonging make it a special place for students, faculty and staff.
The University of California, Berkeley, is one of the world's leading institutions of higher education, distinguished by its combination of internationally recognized academic and research excellence; the transformative opportunity it provides to a large and diverse student body; its public mission and commitment to equity and social justice; and its roots in the California experience, animated by such values as innovation, questioning the status quo, and respect for the environment and nature. Since its founding in 1868, Berkeley has fueled a perpetual renaissance, generating unparalleled intellectual, economic and social value in California, the United States and the world.
We are looking for equity-minded applicants who represent the full diversity of California and who demonstrate a sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds present in our community. When you join the team at Berkeley, you can expect to be part of an inclusive, innovative and equity-focused community that approaches higher education as a matter of social justice that requires broad collaboration among faculty, staff, students and community partners. In deciding whether to apply for a position at Berkeley, you are strongly encouraged to consider whether your values align with our Guiding Values and Principles, our Principles of Community, and our Strategic Plan.
Application Review Date
The First Review Date for this job is: April 15, 2021
The Department of Intercollegiate Athletics consists of more than 275 staff members and coaches and sponsors 30 varsity sports programs. These 30 programs include more than 850 student-athletes who participate in the various sports programs annually within the National Collegiate Athletics Association (NCAA). We are currently seeking a Director of Creative Content who will work within the department's Men's Basketball team.
The Director of Creative Content is responsible for producing video and photo content that portrays the Cal Men's Basketball story, while maintaining a consistent creative brand and tone across multiple social media platforms. This position will be responsible for the entire video production process, including creative strategy, storyboarding, capturing and editing. This position will require creativity and a strong foundation in video editing, photography, production and understanding of the college athletics landscape. The Director of Creative Content will be responsible for developing the visual brand of Cal Men's Basketball through photography, videography, and working closely with department video producers, graphic designers, and social media managers to ensure the execution of this brand.
- Plan and create specific visual solutions to communications problems in support of the operational and strategic aspects of the Men's Basketball program.
- Find the most effective way to get intercollegiate athletics' messages across in print and electronic media using color, type, illustration, photography, animation, and various print and layout techniques.
- Take photos of the team during photo shoots, practices, and games.
- Responsible for setting up video shoots, including lighting, and camera positioning.
- Video may include footage for social media posts, press conferences, or to be shown on our web site.
- Footage also needs to be edited to a final product including graphic integration and if applicable, additional footage taken from other sources.
- In conjunction with Marketing department, develop and coordinate social media efforts for Men's Basketball team.
- Deliver compelling programs that maximize reach, engagement, and impact for the Men's Basketball brand on a local and global scale.
- Coordinate content and the maintenance of Men's Basketball social media accounts (i.e. community management, promotional sweepstakes, analytics) with the goal of growing and engaging our social media community.
- Ensures all materials adhere to brand identity and guidelines of Cal Athletics. Maintain consistent style, themes, and marketing strategies for all Men's Basketball creative content.
- Manage production equipment and resources for Men's Basketball offices. Includes proper storage, upkeep, maintenance of equipment.
- Previous experience working in a college athletics or professional sports organization developing creative content (video, graphics, etc.).
- Problem-solving skills, multi-tasking abilities, work with frequent interruptions, and effective listener.
- Highly effective verbal and written communication skills in the English language.
- Must be proficient in the use of basic computer applications.
- Working knowledge of applicable creative software applications including the Adobe Creative Suite.
- Working knowledge to maintain files and image storage.
- Skills to effectively produce videos that meet and satisfy the needs of the client.
- Proficient with using video cameras to shoot footage as well as setting up equipment such as lighting or backdrops.
- Ability to edit footage to use for a variety of formats including television and Internet.
- Knowledge of current social media platforms (i.e. Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, etc.) and how to create, implement, and execute a social media strategy and calendar.
- Ability to manage projects from concept to creation.
- Ability to accept feedback as part of the creative process and educate clients on design theory and/or using that feedback to make work stronger.
- Ability to collaborate with multiple parties to best meet goals and objectives of clients.
- Previous experience working with a Division 1, Power 5 Men's Basketball program.
- Knowledge of current NCAA Compliance rules and regulations regarding recruitment of prospective student-athletes.
Salary & Benefits
For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit:
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume as a single attachment when applying.
This is a full-time 1 year contract position
Conviction History Background
This is a designated position requiring fingerprinting and a background check due to the nature of the job responsibilities. Berkeley does hire people with conviction histories and reviews information received in the context of the job responsibilities. The University reserves the right to make employment contingent upon successful completion of the background check.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights as an applicant see:
For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see:
To apply, visit https://careerspub.universityofcalifornia.edu/psp/ucb/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=21&JobOpeningId=16958&PostingSeq=1
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency