Administrative Assistant, Temporary
Administrative Assistant, Temporary
Job ID: 225431
Location: Kennesaw, Georgia
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
A leader in innovative teaching and learning, Kennesaw State University is one of the 50 largest public institutions in the country. KSU offers more than 150 undergraduate, graduate and doctoral degrees to its more than 41,000 students. With 11 colleges on two metro Atlanta campuses, Kennesaw State is a member of the University System of Georgia and the second-largest university in the state. The university's vibrant campus culture, diverse population, strong global ties, entrepreneurial spirit, and Division I athletics draw students from throughout the region and from 92 countries across the globe. Ranked a top choice for students by U.S. News, Kennesaw State is a Carnegie-designated doctoral research institution (R2), placing it among an elite group of only 6 percent of U.S. colleges and universities with an R1 or R2 status.
Our Kennesaw campus is located at 1000 Chastain Road NW, Kennesaw, GA 30144. Our Marietta campus is located at 1100 South Marietta Parkway, Marietta, GA 30060.
Performs administrative, clerical and office support responsibilities. Supports assigned leaders, departments and/or units.
1. Performs standard administrative duties in support of the assigned department, division, unit and/or location
2. Serves as an administrative resource for all faculty, staff and guests visiting assigned department, division, unit and/or location and provides assistance as needed
3. Creates, prepares and proofreads emails, memos, correspondence, reports, and other documents or communications as requested
4. Responsible for answering office phone providing information and/or transferring/redirecting calls to the appropriate contact
5. Assists with coordinating and scheduling departmental meetings and events, as directed; secures space, equipment, food, and assists with the event as needed
6. Manages all incoming and outgoing mail including UPS, FedEx and DHL domestic and international shipping needs for the office
7. Monitors and assesses office equipment, stationery and supply needs and orders items as needed, including seeking proper authorization for items requiring prior approval
8. Assists with records management including filing, correspondence, analyzing data, tracking and archiving files
9. May maintain department purchasing card (PCard), cash and/or credit card**
DEPARTMENT SPECIFIC TASKS AND REPONSIBILITIES:
1. Provides administrative support to the Summer University program
2. Provides support and encouragement to instructors and camp assistants
3. Helps ensure safety protocols are being adhered to for campers and instructors
4. Maintain a positive and enthusiastic attitude with staff, parents and campers
5. Demonstrate professionalism, timeliness, effective communication, problem-solving, patience and flexibility
High School diploma or equivalent
One (1) year of related administrative, office or clerical experience
Additional Preferred Qualifications
Experience providing administrative support for large teams; Previous experience in higher education
Preferred Educational Qualifications
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
DEPARTMENT SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES*:
Equal Employment Opportunity
Kennesaw State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of Kennesaw State University to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender, national origin race religion, sexual orientation, or status as a protected Veteran. Kennesaw State University is a participant in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify) effective October 15, 2007. Participant ID: 61415
This is not a supervisory position.
This position does not have any financial responsibilities.
No, this position will not be required to drive.
This role is not considered a position of trust.
This position does not require a purchasing card (P-Card).
This position will not travel
This position does not require security clearance.
- Standard Enhanced
- Credit Check (if applicable)
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=43000&JobOpeningId=225431&PostingSeq=1
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency