Job ID: 225476
Location: Kennesaw, Georgia
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Executes professionally developed, high-quality video content that is on-brand and strategic. Collaborates with producers to achieve a quality product in support of KSU's brand building, marketing efforts and enterprise-wide projects.
1. Shoots a variety of styles of original and branded content, in the field and the studio - from sit down interviews to handheld Doc-style, with a focus on short-form consumable digital content
2. Develops storyboards and writes scripts
3. Assembles edits timely and implements notes from producers and team leads
4. Ingests cards, logs and organizes footage, and releases for post-production, rights & clearances, and archives
5. Maintains consecutive ongoing projects, delivers edits as assigned adhering to assigned deadlines and within budget
6. Maintains communication with team and other stakeholders to coordinate timely delivery of videos and project files
7. Participates in creative and design meetings
8. Collaborates University personnel and the local community
9. Acts as a resource and mentor to student assistants
Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher education in Film, Communication, Journalism or related field; or an equivalent combination of relevant education and/or experience
Other Required Qualifications
Current, valid, and unrestricted Georgia driver's license
One (1) year related experience in film, TV, or journalism video production covering various styles of video creation (digital-first, TV, social-only, long form)
Previous experience in higher education
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Familiar with digital Cinematography techniques
- Familiar with Non-Linear video editors and other industry standard software
- Work individually or within a crew to complete a production
- Understanding of proper workflows including storage, transcoding, pulling selects
- Able to work within deadlines, under pressure, and manage multiple projects
- Skilled in Adobe Creative Cloud, audio sweetening, color correction, transcoding, QCing final products and managing deliverables
- Expert proficiency with RED and Canon camera systems
- Handle both audio and video in the field
- Strong knowledge of lighting techniques
- Strong understanding of storytelling - visually and narratively
- Adhere to editorial guidelines and best practices
- Able to deal with multiple tasks or projects at one time meeting assigned deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal, initiative, teamwork, problem solving, independent judgment, organization, communication (verbal and written), time management, project management and presentation skills
- Proficient with computer applications and programs associated with the position (i.e. Microsoft Office suite)
- Strong attention to detail and follow up skills
- Strong customer service skills and phone and e-mail etiquette
Equal Employment Opportunity
Kennesaw State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of Kennesaw State University to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender, national origin race religion, sexual orientation, or status as a protected Veteran. Kennesaw State University is a participant in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify) effective October 15, 2007. Participant ID: 61415
This is not a supervisory position.
This position does not have any financial responsibilities.
Yes, this position will be required to drive.
This role is not considered a position of trust.
This position does not require a purchasing card (P-Card).
This position may travel 50% - 74% of the time
- Standard Enhanced + Education & DMV
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=43000&JobOpeningId=225476&PostingSeq=1
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency