Job ID: 225465
Location: Kennesaw, Georgia
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Develops and executes human resources (HR) practices to support and improve the daily operations of the supported business units. Works in partnership with HR functional teams to provide a high level of service to the units served. Works in partnership with HR functional groups to deliver strategic business goals and HR strategic initiatives.
1. Partners with assigned business unit or specialty groups to identify, develop and promote programs that meet strategic business objectives.
2. Functions as a business advisor to the employees of his/her assigned business units regarding key organizational and management issues including employee relations.
3. Supports the full-cycle recruiting process from identification of staffing needs to on-boarding of new hires; effectively uses performance based recruitment tools.
4. Works with broad HR group to push strategic initiatives throughout the organization.
5. Identifies supervisory and line manager coaching and training needs. Directly delivers appropriate coaching solutions or works with Training and Development to secure internal or external training resources where possible.
6. Partners with Compensation/Total Rewards team to ensure entity positions are graded/laddered and leveled appropriately. Ensures all documentation is in place and Job Evaluation packet is complete and makes initial recommendations.
7. Utilizes Project Management methodologies to lead projects within business units.
8. Enables high performing teams to succeed through application of organizational development resources and tools including performance management tools.
9. Provides insight, tactical leadership and communication support during organizational change.
10. Uses HR technology to provide strategic decision-making data to management.
11. Makes recommendations on employee relations issues by using judgment that is consistent with university and USG standards, practices, policies and procedures and related state and federal laws.
12. Oversees the conflict resolution process by assisting employees and managers in settling work related conflicts in accordance with policies and procedures.
13. Interprets policies and procedures to employees and managers; guides staff in accordance with organizational policies.
14. Provides front line customer service as needed.
15. Facilitate and manage NEO (New Employee Orientation)
Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher education in Business, Human Resources, Organizational Development or related field or an equivalent combination of relevant education and/or experience
Three (3) years of experience in Human Resources
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
Equal Employment Opportunity
Kennesaw State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of Kennesaw State University to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender, national, origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or status as a protected Veteran. Kennesaw State University is a participant in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify) effective October 15, 2007. Participant ID: 61415
This is not a supervisory position.
This position does not have any financial responsibilities.
No, this position will not be required to drive.
This role is considered a position of trust.
This position does not require a purchasing card (P-Card).
This position may travel 1% - 24% of the time
- Standard Enhanced + Education
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=43000&JobOpeningId=225465&PostingSeq=1
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency