The Temple Cognition & Learning Lab, directed by Dr. Elizabeth Gunderson, is hiring one full-time Research Assistant to start work by July 1, 2021. This position presents diverse opportunities to participate in cutting-edge developmental psychology research, and is funded by the National Science Foundation “Developing STEM Achievement and Motivation: The Role of Spatial Skills and Parent-Child Interactions” and by the James S McDonnell Foundation, “Developing Mathematical Skills and Motivation.” These projects will investigate the inter-relations between spatial and numerical thinking in childhood, how parent interactions influence the development of these cognitive skills, and how cognitive and motivational factors work together to influence children’s trajectories in STEM.
Required Education & Experience:
B.A. or B.S. in Psychology, Human Development, Neuroscience, Education or a related field and at least 6 months related experience. Prior research experience in Psychology, Human Development, Neuroscience, Education or a related field.Experience working with preschool or elementary-school-age children as a researcher or teacher.
* Demonstrated computer skills and proficiency with MS Office suite or similar spreadsheet, database, word processing, and presentation software.
* Demonstrated experience with statistical software, such as R or SPSS, to complete quantitative and qualitative data analyses.
* Demonstrated interpersonal, communication and collaborative skills.
* Strong project management, organizational, and planning skills.
* Comfortable giving presentations to small groups.
* Ability to travel to off-site locations that may not be accessible by public transportation.
* Ability to work early mornings, evenings, and weekends to administer study protocols as necessaryPlease note this position will temporarily work remotely, the duration of remote work will be at the discretion of Temple University and the department.This is a grant funded position.Temple University values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity for all persons regardless of age, color, disability, ethnicity, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status protected by law.Compliance Statement: In the performance of their functions as detailed in the position description employees have an obligation to avoid ethical, legal, financial and other conflicts of interest to ensure that their actions and outside activities do not conflict with their primary employment responsibilities at the institution. Employees are also expected to understand and be in compliance with applicable laws, University and employment policies and regulations, including NCAA regulations for areas and departments which their essential functions cause them to interact.To obtain additional information about Temple University please visit our website at www.temple.edu. Temple University's Annual Security and Fire Safety Report contains statistics, policies, and procedures related to campus safety and can be found at: https://safety.temple.edu/reports-logs/annual-security-reportYou may request a copy of the report by calling Temple University’s Campus Safety Services at 215-204-7900.
Primary Location: Pennsylvania-Philadelphia-Main Campus-Weiss Hall
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular