Temporary Research Pool
Temporary Research PoolDivision:
Human Resources (Adm)Work Unit:
All departmentsWork Location:
Campus WideVacancy Open To:
All CandidatesPosition Designation:
Non-Student TemporaryHours per week:
Up to 40 hours per week depending on departmental needs.Work Schedule:
Normal hours are between 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday but may work early morning / weekend / evening hours as may be necessary depending on departmental needs.Pay Rate:
- Demonstrated possession of the competencies necessary to perform the work
- Bachelor’s degree or higher preferred
- Assist or conduct research as required by the department.
- General knowledge, skill and understanding to perform standard duties related to the research. Knowledge and skills to use instrumentation and equipment.
- Ability to observe, collect and record a variety of data.
- Responsibilities may include: conducting experiments, collecting and summarizing data, and providing proper laboratory/study subject care.
- Duties will vary by departmental needs.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills, combined with a strong customer service orientation are essential.
- Attention to detail and the ability to multi-task.
- Other duties and responsibilities based on departmental needs
To be determined based on departmental needsPosting Open Date:
04/01/2021Posting Close Date:
06/30/2021Special Notes to Applicants:
- This pool is used for the as-needed purpose of hiring an employee for either part-time or full-time temporary employment. Whenever a department has a need for temporary research support, this pool will be reviewed to obtain potential candidates. Applicants will be contacted directly by the hiring officials to arrange an interview if qualified.
- Applicants in this pool will remain active until June 30, 2021. If you have continued interest in temporary employment beyond that time, you will need to reapply for the next available temporary pool.
- Part-time temporary positions do not offer healthcare benefits, leave accrual (paid time off), or retirement entitlement (state service).
- Full-time temporary positions do not offer leave accrual (paid time off), or retirement entitlement or benefits (state service). However, full-time temporary employees are eligible to participate in a High Deductible Health Plan (HDHP).
Please use these links for more information: