Director - Social Work Field Education
Director - Social Work Field EducationPosting Number:
Dir-SW Field EducationWorking Title:
Director - Social Work Field EducationClassification Code:
1557bRCW Exemption Criteria:
17 - ManagerialEWU Position Number:
Exempt - Executive% Full Time:
100Salary / Wage Range:
AE - 115Salary Information:
This position is budgeted at $80,340 for the starting salary.Anticipated Start Date:
03/16/2021Term of Appointment:
12 months per yearLocation:
Yes - BothResponsible HR User:
Saundra GodinResponsible HR User Email address:
The School of Social Work at Eastern Washington University is currently seeking an experienced and knowledgeable leader to fill a multifaceted role as our Director of Field Education. This position is an administrative exempt, full time, 12-months per year position.
The Director of Field Education for the School of Social Work provides leadership to the Field Education Office that includes Faculty Field Liaisons and a Program Coordinator of Field Education.
The incumbent is responsible for overseeing the planning, implementation, and evaluation of all components of field education for both the BSW and MSW programs. The Field Education Office recruits, manages, and supports all placements, field instructors, and faculty liaisons; provides orientation and training to students, field instructors, and faculty liaisons; maintains partnership agreements with field agencies; uses field software to manage files for students and practicum sites; and facilitates integration of field education with other components of the BSW and MSW curricula.
The Director of Field Education is charged by the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE) to provide leadership in the on-going development and implementation of the field education program, in accordance with field education accreditation standards. The Director of Field Education directs and coordinates all aspects of field education and practicum experiences. The Director of Field Education teaches and/or coordinates with the faculty teaching the generalist (foundation) and advanced generalist (concentration) seminar, and advises in the BASW/MSW Programs.
See the Job Duties section for a detailed listing of position responsibilities.
Review of applications will begin February 16, 2021; applications will continue to be accepted until further notice.
Eastern is a regional, comprehensive university located in Cheney, 20 minutes from downtown Spokane. In addition to our primary campus in Cheney, we also offer programs in Spokane’s innovative University-District, plus additional teaching/learning centers located in other cities throughout Washington State. Enrollment has reached over 12,000 students. The Cheney-Spokane area is the heart of the Inland Northwest, with excellent restaurants, theater, shopping, skiing, hiking, lakes, a choice of living in a medium-sized city or a small town, and high quality schools and housing.Diversity Statement:
EWU does not discriminate in its programs and activities on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship or immigration status, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, genetic information, age, marital status, families with children, protected veteran or military status, HIV or hepatitis C, status as a mother breastfeeding her child, or the presence of any sensory, mental, or physical disability or the use of a trained guide dog or service animal by a person with a disability, as provided for and to the extent required by state and federal laws.Conditions of Employment:
The School of Social Work operates programs in multiple locations throughout the State of Washington; as a result, the selected candidate will be expected to travel as necessary to perform the responsibilities of the position, to include same day, overnight, and multi-day trips, as well as normal travel associated with professional responsibilities.Physical Demands :
Essential Functions Analysis forms (“EFA”) describe the physical and mental demands associated with our positions. You may access this document at the link provided below:
NoHearing Test :
NoMedical Monitoring Post Hire :
NoProtective Equipment :
University, local, regional and state mandates for public and personal protection should be followed as needed.Required Qualifications:
- Master of Social Work (MSW) degree from a CSWE accredited school or international equivalent.
- A minimum of three years of post-MSW social work practice experience.
- Experience in social work field education or as a social work field instructor or task supervisor.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with faculty, staff, students, agency administrators, and community practitioners from diverse backgrounds, including diverse ethnic, cultural, and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- Demonstrated experience organizing and facilitating in-person and online training programs;
- Demonstrated skills in communication, problem solving, risk management, collaboration, planning, administration, and organization
- Record of institutional and/or community service;
- Leadership experience in promoting cultural awareness and diversity;
- Demonstrated understanding of relationship between the academic environment and agency practice; and
- Demonstrated commitment to promoting social justice through teaching and community service.
Additionally, candidates must demonstrate interest, experience and/or ability to promote cultural competency and/or diversity.Preferred Qualifications:
- University, college or professional teaching, administrative or professional training experience;
- A record of successfully leading a program within a complex, multifaceted organization;
- Social work practice experience with diverse populations;
- Skills in using educational technologies;
- Experience with social work evaluation or research; and
- Knowledge of database software and management.
M-F 8-5 plus evenings/weekends as needed to fulfill professional responsibilities and for business-related travelPosting Date:
01/28/2021Open Until Further Notice:
YesScreening to Begin:
02/16/2021Special Instructions to Applicants:
To be considered for this opportunity, please submit your application materials through our online application portal located here: https://jobs.hr.ewu.edu. If you are unable to submit through the applicant portal, please contact Lori Livingstone at (509) 359-6931.
Submissions must include:
- Letter of application that addresses how you meet each of the key responsibilities and qualifications of the position (both required and preferred, if applicable), especially how your expertise and experience align with the posting;
- Curriculum Vitae;
- Transcripts (unofficial transcripts are okay);
- Statement of your teaching philosophy
- List of at least 3 references including names, title, organization name, phone numbers, email addresses, and their connection to you.
- Diversity statement: as an equal opportunity employer with a multicultural staff and student population, we are interested in how your qualifications prepare you to work with diverse faculty, staff, and student populations representing various cultures and backgrounds that may be different from your own. Describe how you will apply an approach that is supportive to the diverse needs, including universal access, of students, faculty, staff and the public;
Application% of Time:
100Responsibility / Duty:
The Director of Field Education is charged by the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE) to provide leadership in the on-going development and implementation of the field education program, in accordance with field education accreditation standards. The Director of Field Education directs and coordinates all aspects of field education and practicum experiences. The Director of Field Education teaches and/or coordinates with the faculty teaching the generalist (foundation) and advanced generalist (concentration) seminar, and advises in the BASW/MSW Programs. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Ensure compliance with all CSWE field education accreditation standards including development of the self-study;
- Ensure that field education policies and procedures are up to date and in compliance with all relevant standards;
- Oversee the screening and placement of all BASW and MSW students in practicum settings throughout the state and region;
- Prepare students for practicum and place and monitor students at practicum agencies;
- Teach SOWK 480 and SOWK 580 Practicum Prep
- Recruiting and coordinating with field agencies;
- Create and oversee the establishment of contracts with practicum sites;
- Develop and implement evaluation instruments;
- Develop field education policies and procedures;
- Recruiting and training field education faculty;
- Serve as the BASW/MSW Program contact and resource person for agency practicum supervisors;
- Enhancing relationships with educational and professional organizations, and maintaining a strong professional presence for the School;
- Manage resources and personnel within field education;
- Supervise the Field Liaisons and the Program Coordinator.