Pharmacy Technician Training Instructor
Department:: Center for Workforce Development
Locations:: Roxbury Crossing, MA
Posted:: Apr 1, 2021
Closes:: May 3, 2021 - 11:59 PM EDT
Type:: Part Time
Position ID:: 129633
About Roxbury Community College:
Roxbury Community College is an urban, public, 2-year College serving a diverse community including people of color, recent immigrants and nontraditional populations. The College mission is to facilitate student success in achieving educational goals through the delivery of high quality transfer and career programs. RCC strives to honor traditional commitments, and to be responsive to new challenges and insights through workforce training, ESOL and community education. The student population at the college is diverse in ethnicity, gender, language, age and background. Roxbury Community College is an AA/EO employer and strongly encourages applications from candidates who would enhance the diversity of its staff. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Mission of the Center for Workforce Development (CWD) at Roxbury Community College is to provide quality professional training for the residents of the Greater Roxbury and surrounding Boston metropolitan communities, skills upgrades for new and incumbent workers, and customized training for Businesses to help them reach their workforce goals. We offer a variety of short-term, non-credit training courses during the day and evening hours, and on weekends so students can attend training on a schedule that is convenient for them.
The Pharmacy Technician training instructor will provide instruction, including class and laboratory instruction, in accordance with the standards established by the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB). The instructor shall be responsible for: providing effective and high-quality instruction; helping students master course content; assessing student learning outcomes; maintaining current knowledge in their teaching field; continuing professional development; utilizing current technology in the performance of job duties; maintaining standards of professional conduct and ethics; assisting with curriculum development and program review.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Train students in the policies, procedures and terminology consistent with the duties and responsibilities of a Pharmacy Technician.
- Prepare students for the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board's (PTCB) credentialing examination.
- Work assigned schedule reliably and punctually.
- Assess student performance in achieving course goals and objectives.
- Keep accurate records in accordance with the Roxbury Community College policies.
- Maintain open lines of communication with the Center for Workforce Development staff.
- Collaborate with the Center of Workforce Development staff to continually improve course.
- Maintain updated course description, course outline, and syllabi as appropriate.
Instructors shall have:
- The instructor shall be an experienced Pharmacy professional with a masters or doctorate degree and a minimum of 5 years' experience or a Certified Pharmacy Technician who is licensed with the Board in good standing with a minimum of five years' experience in pharmacy practice 3-5 years' experience in teaching college level pharmacy practice curriculum.
- Knowledge of the Pharmacy Technician role in the Pharmacy profession, in both hospital and retail settings.
- Ability to develop curriculum and to evaluate student performance.
- License, and/or professional credentials where applicable,
- Ability to lead and conduct classroom courses and/or workshops
- Ability to employ a variety of teaching methods to engage all students
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Passionate about course content
- Prior teaching experience in course subject
- Experience working with students from diverse social, cultural, and economic backgrounds who possess wide ranges of academic abilities and interests.
- Prior teaching experience at a community college.
- Experience teaching online and/or hybrid courses.
- Familiarity with and ability to operate or oversee the operation of audio-visual equipment, including overhead projectors, film, sound systems, video, television, interactive video and audio equipment including computer controlled mixed media presentations.
- Ability to use the Microsoft platform desktop computer and various software including Microsoft Office and Outlook.
- All candidates must have legal authorization to work in the U.S.
- Appointment is subject to SORI (Sexual Offense Registry Information) background check, and a publicly accessible Massachusetts CORI (Criminal Offense Registry Information) background check.
Application Deadline: Applicants accepted on a Rolling basis, as needed
Expected Start Date: Fall 2021
Hourly rate: Commensurate with experience and qualifications
The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act requires all institutes of higher education to disclose campus policy statements and crime statistics. Our annual report is available at www.rcc.mass.edu/clery.
To apply please submit:
- Cover letter
- Course syllabi
- References upon request