Director of Development 2
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-03-31
Title:1520-NN - Director of Development 2
Business Title:Director of Development 2
Employee Type:Admin. Professional
Job Family:Administrative Professional - Not OT Eligible
Summary of Duties:
The Development Director 2 is responsible for supporting the College of Agricultural, Human, and Natural Resource Sciences fundraising goals by planning and conducting outreach designed to promote constituent understanding of the College of Agricultural, Human, and Natural Resource Sciences activities and research with the aim of cultivating donors and raising money. These efforts may include, but are not limited to annual giving, major gift development of $25,000 or more, and planned gift identification and advancement. Extensive travel in Washington State, the Pacific Northwest and elsewhere is required. A Development Director 2 manages a portfolio of approximately 150 donors, secures 5-15 major gift pledges, opens/plans a minimum of 15 solicitations, and has an annual fundraising goal between $250,000 and $750,000.
- Bachelor’s degree and three (3) years of progressively responsible relevant experience, which includes one year of full-time fundraising experience of successful face-to-face gift solicitation of $50,000 or more, or equivalent experience; equivalent experience includes experience in sales; marketing; public relations; and/or advancement experience which has involved direct face-to-face contact with clients, customers, prospective customers and members of the public. A Master’s degree in a related field may be substituted for up to one (1) year of the required experience.
- Experience demonstrating strong interpersonal skills in establishing and maintaining internal and external relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to cultivate, develop and steward client/donor relationships
- Understanding of proposal development and writing, fundraising and/or client development principles and techniques; project management skills; and relevant event planning/management.
- Demonstrated success in proposal writing and submission.
- Must have, or be able to obtain, a valid driver’s license at time of hire. Must be able and willing to work evenings and weekends
- Fundraising experience closing major gifts of $50,000 and above.
- Evidence of ability to plan and execute a fundraising project from conception to realization.
- Experience engaging faculty and translating their research into layman terms for prospective donors.
- Experience with alumni/donor database applications.
Area/College: College of Agricultural, Human, and Natural Resource Sciences
Department Name: Alumni and Development
City, State, Zip: Pullman, WA 99163
Department Link: https://cahnrs.wsu.edu/alumni/
Monthly Salary: $5,833.33
Background Check: This position has been designated by the department to require a background check.
Screening Begin Date: April 21, 2021
Applicants must attach the following documents to their online application: 1) resume and 2) cover letter.
Application materials should clearly communicate how the applicant meets all required qualifications and additional requirements.
Applicants are required to include contact information for professional references within the application
Required Documents: Resume and Cover Letter
Time Type:Full time
Position Term:12 Month
WASHINGTON STATE UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EDUCATOR AND EMPLOYER. Members of ethnic minorities, women, special disabled veterans, veterans of the Vietnam-era, recently separated veterans, and other protected veteran, persons of disability and/or persons age 40 and over are encouraged to apply.
WSU employs only U.S. citizens and lawfully authorized non-U.S. citizens. All new employees must show employment eligibility verification as required by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.
WSU is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodation in its services, programs, activities, education and employment for individuals with disabilities. To request disability accommodation in the application process, contact Human Resource Services: 509-335-4521 (v), Washington State TDD Relay Service: Voice Callers: 1-800-833-6384; TDD Callers: 1-800-833-6388, 509-335-1259(f), or firstname.lastname@example.org.