Student Activities Coordinator in Residence
Trinity Washington University, a comprehensive institution that offers a broad range of
educational programs that prepare students across the lifespan for the intellectual, ethical and
spiritual dimensions of contemporary work, civic and family life, seeks a Student Activities
Coordinator in Residence for on campus; live-in position for the 2021-2022 academic year.
The Student Activities Coordinator at Trinity Washington University, is a part-time, 12-month,
20 hour per week, live-in professional staff member with Student Affairs. This position includes
room and board compensation along with hourly pay.
The Student Activities Coordinator will primarily work in the Dean of Student Services Office to
assist with department-wide initiatives. The Student Activities Coordinator will work a set work
schedule in the Dean’s office and will have rotating on-duty responsibilities with Campus
Housing. The Student Activities Coordinator is expected to be a positive role model for
students, be visible and accessible to student leaders and residents.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS:
• Bachelor’s Degree required in an appropriate area of specialization
• Experience working in Campus Activities preferred
• Prior live-in experience as a Resident Assistant or similar role preferred
• Experience working with diverse, urban college women first generation college students
• Candidates should have computer competency and the ability to communicate
effectively, both orally and written
RESPONSIBILITIES & FUNCTIONS:
• Create a positive and welcoming environment for all campus residents
• Maintain a presence in residence halls, on campus, in the Dining Hall and throughout
campus by engaging with residents and non-residents at events and as a matter of routine
as a live-in campus housing professional.
• Participate in the year round duty rotation within the Office of Campus Housing (9 duty
days a month – 5 week days and 4 week end days).
• Confront and address code of conduct violations within the residence halls.
• Respond to and resolve emergency and non-emergency situations.
• Coordinate 2 programs per semester for residents based on Campus Housing Program
• Assist with planning and implementation of Student Affairs sponsored events and
• Assist in the promotion of activities, including flyers, website and social media accounts
• Create opportunities for involvement for students.
• Assist with various all staff events including: Commencement, Move in, Move out, Hall
opening and closing.
• Assist with various activities during summer months such as graduation, conference
services, professional development activities, Admissions open houses, CAS summer
registration events, fall training planning, as well as fall orientation and move in planning
• Other duties as assigned
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
• Hourly Pay
• Full meal plan (285 meals with $75 flex dollars) during the fall and spring semester while
school is in session. (Please note that meals are not be provided when dining services is
closed for major campus holiday, periods of extreme inclement weather or during the
• Private room with private bathroom – utilities and wifi included.
• Free on campus parking
Please submit letter of application and CV to the APPLY HERE NOW link.
Review of application materials will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Trinity Washington University is dedicated to the achievement of excellence and diversity
among its students, faculty, and staff. Trinity is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive
community and strongly e