Registered Nurse RN, Clinical Ladder - Adult Critical Care Float Pool (Full Time Nights)
Job location: Charlottesville, VA
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-04-14
This position qualifies for the UVA Medical Center Clinical Ladder. The salary range reflected in this job posting is for an RN Clinician 2. See below for additional information.
Highly functioning agile clinician, who enjoys the challenge of caring for a variety of specialties in long term assignments across inpatient acute care units. Builds strong relationships to establish trust and respect the response time necessary for effective patient care. Must be able to demonstrate examples of autonomy while supporting a team environment.
The shifts for this position are dependent on the unit's greatest need which is currently night shift.
This position floats to all of the units below to support their long term staffing needs. It will provide you with the flexibility of travel nursing while maintaining a work life balance at home in the Charlottesville area.
MICU- Medical ICU
TCVICU- Thoracic Cardiovascular ICU
TIMU- Thoracic Cardiovascular Intermediate Unit
VIMU- Vascular Intermediate Unit
STICU- Surgical Trauma ICU
SIMU- Surgical Trauma and Burn Intermediate Unit
NNICU- Neuro & Neurosurgery ICU
NIMU- Neuro & Neurosurgery Intermediate Unit
COVID Critical Care Unit
This job description integrates the ANA 2015 Nursing: Scope and Standards of Practice, Third Edition and the ANA Code of Ethics for Nurses with Interpretive Statements (ANA, 2015), and the UVA Nursing Professional Practice Model.
ANA Scope and Standards of Practice definition of nursing:
Nursing is the protection, promotion, and optimization of health and abilities, prevention of illness and injury, facilitation of healing, alleviation of suffering through the diagnosis and treatment of human response, and advocacy in the care of individuals, families, groups, communities and populations.
- Relationship Based Care reflects the influence of the nurse’s relationship with self, colleagues and patient/family on the patient experience.
- Expert Caring encompasses clinical assessment, planning, prioritizing, coordinating and implementation of care.
- Empowered Leaders demonstrate knowledge of and actively participate in shared governance.
- Lifelong Learners encompasses professional development through formal education, professional certification, internal and external learning opportunities and recognizes the value of external professional organizations. Supports onboarding of new team members and precepts as applicable.
- Quality Achievement includes adherence to clinical documentation guidelines, comprehension of outcomes data, engagement in performance improvement activities and commitment to standard work.
- Innovation is demonstrated by application of technologies that support patient care, actively seeking to implement evidence based practice and new knowledge generated by nursing research.
- In addition to the above job responsibilities, other duties may be assigned.
Education: Graduate of accredited nursing program, Bachelor of Science in Nursing required within 5 years of hire.
Experience: 1 year of relevant experience.
Licensure: Licensed to Practice as a Registered Nurse in the Commonwealth of Virginia. American Heart Association (AHA) Health Care Provider BLS certification required.
Job requires standing for prolonged periods, frequently walking, bending/stooping. Proficient communicative, auditory and visual skills; Attention to detail and ability to write legibly; Ability to lift/push/pull 20 - 50lbs. May be exposed to chemicals, blood/body fluids and infectious disease.
This opportunity is designed to support long term needs within the adult acute care units at the University of Virginia Medical Center.
- base rate + $5.00 incentive + shift differential
- full comprehensive benefit package, which includes educational assistance.
This position qualifies for the UVA Medical Center Clinical Ladder. The salary range reflected in this job posting is for an RN Clinician 2. Additional compensation is available if you are hired into a higher level on the Clinical Ladder. Those hired as either a Clinician 3 or Clinician 4 must have a Bachelor of Science in Nursing Degree and possess a specialty certification from a national certifying organization and meet applicable Career Ladder Behaviors. Placement on the clinical ladder will be discussed during the recruitment process. Current team members already working as RN Clinician 3 or 4 who wish to transfer to another department will have their level on the clinical ladder reviewed by the hiring manager and the PNSO if applicable.
The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System which represents the UVA Medical Center, Schools of Medicine and Nursing, UVA Physician’s Group and the Claude Moore Health Sciences Library, are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.