Executive Assistant to the Director of Athletics
Job location: Charlottesville, VA
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-03-31
The University of Virginia is a highly competitive Division I program committed to academic and athletic excellence. The Department of Athletics at the University of Virginia is now accepting applications for the position of Executive Assistant to the Director of Athletics. The University, located in Charlottesville, Virginia, is a selective public institution known for its teaching, research, and public service. UVA sponsors a 27 sport intercollegiate athletics program, which includes approximately 750 student-athletes.
The Executive Assistant to the Director of Athletics position exists to provide a professional level of executive assistance to the Director of Intercollegiate Athletics Programs, the Senior Administration Staff and to assist in achieving a nationally recognized program in a manner that meets all guidelines set by the University of Virginia, the ACC, and the NCAA.
- Providing exemplary customer service to internal and external constituencies.
- Serving as the Executive Assistant to the Director of Intercollegiate Athletics Programs in: providing personal assistance, generating correspondence, management of commitment and appointment calendars, securing travel arrangements, and other duties as requested.
- Maintaining efficient records of all travel-related expenses in compliance with University Purchasing policies.
- Preparing and processing other essential documents for the Executive Staff of the Department of Athletics.
- Other duties as assigned that support, or add value to, the goals and objectives of the Department of Athletics.
Anticipated Hiring Range: $40,000 - $50,000, dependent upon qualifications.
Please attach resume, cover letter, and contact information for three references at https://uva.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/UVAJobs, requisition number R0023227. **Please note that ALL documents must be uploaded in the Resume box.** For information about the position or the application process, please contact Michele Jarman, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please do not forward any applicant materials directly to Department of Athletics staff, as only applications received through this system will be accepted.
Required Qualifications Include:
- Education: High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Experience: A minimum of 2 years' experience providing executive-level administrative assistance.
- Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Ability to interact with various levels of internal and external constituencies with an understanding of protocol, political environment and implications, and confidentiality. Flexibility to work independently within a highly visible and pressurized environment. Ability to work promptly with tact on complex and sensitive issues. Ability to demonstrate a professional demeanor and strong interpersonal skills in interactions with executive level administrators, government officials, business executives and faculty, VIP's, all UVA personnel and outside community including fans, visitors, the press, prospective students, parents, and other constituencies. Possess strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task. Ability to take initiative and to be a self-starter. Ability to utilize office equipment, facilities and materials needed to complete assigned tasks. Ability to prepare statistical reports, handle information requests and perform general administrative functions. Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality. Creativity and problem-solving skills. Adherence to University policies for purchasing card.
- Computer Applications: Fluency with Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
Preferred Qualifications Include:
- Education: Associate's Degree or higher.
- Experience: Prior experience providing administrative support in a collegiate athletics environment. Prior experience within the University of Virginia (former student, student-athlete, or employee).
- Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Familiarity with NCAA/ACC rules and regulations.
- Computer Applications: Internal UVA systems such as Chrome River, Workday, and DocuSign.
The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System which represents the UVA Medical Center, Schools of Medicine and Nursing, UVA Physician’s Group and the Claude Moore Health Sciences Library, are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.