Clinical Research Coordinator
Job location: Charlottesville, VA
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-04-15
The University of Virginia’s Department of Orthopaedic Surgery is seeking applicants for a Clinical Research Coordinator (Non-Licensed) to join its team.
- Recruit, screen, and enroll study participants who meet research criteria. Collect basic information through scripted interviews and answer general questions.
- Obtain informed consent from study participants and maintain telephone and in-person contact. Notify Principal Investigator and supervisor of subject status.
- Collect subject data, enter and analyze data, and compile reports, adhering to proper research protocols. Prepare documentation, reports, graphs, and other materials. Keep appropriate logs, track participants, and prepare study materials.
- Process, prepare, and ship laboratory specimens.
- Compile and submit study protocols and amendments, consent forms, and recruiting materials to the Institutional Review Board and department for approval with oversight from supervisor or Principal Investigator.
- In addition to the above job responsibilities, other duties may be assigned.
- Bachelor's degree and an additional one year of experience is required.
- OR four years of experience with a Clinical Research Coordinator (CCRC) license and/or Clinical Research Associate (CCRA) license.
Anticipated hiring range: Commensurate with candidate's experience and qualifications, with UVA benefits.
Please apply through Workday, and search for ‘Clinical Research Coordinator (Non-Licensed)’. Complete an application online and attach a cover letter and CV/resume into the resume submission field, multiple documents can be submitted into this one field. Internal applicants must apply through their UVA Workday profile by searching “Find Jobs” in the top search bar. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
This position is restricted and contingent upon the continuation of funding. The University will perform background checks on all new hires prior to employment. For questions on the position or application process please contact Bethany Case, Recruiter, at bcase@Virginia.edu. Application review will begin April 9; however this position will remain open until filled.
The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System which represents the UVA Medical Center, Schools of Medicine and Nursing, UVA Physician’s Group and the Claude Moore Health Sciences Library, are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.