Associate Director of Residential Life and Housing
Date: March 5, 2021
Title: Associate Director of Residential Life and HousingDescription: The Associate Director of Residential Life and Housing is a live-off residential life professional, which reports to the Director of Residential Life and Housing, working directly on housing occupancy management, including move in, move out, room changes, housing selection, and specialty housing processes.
- Assists in the processing of room change, early arrival and break housing requests and processes students on the housing waitlist in a timely manner.Administers housing selection process for returning students in spring semesterOversees first year housing assignments in collaboration with Residential Life and Housing staffOversees specialty housing processes including theme housing, living learning communities and Greek housing exemptionsPossesses a working knowledge of the StarRez software system.Collaborates with the Director of Residential Life and Housing to coordinate residence hall openings/closings.Develops and implements marketing campaigns to support housing occupancy goals. Presents information on meal plans and housing operations to various constituents across campus including the SVP for Enrollment & Student Success, the Board of Trustees, and Finance.Provides support during crisis situations; meeting with students as needed and providing referrals to Hartwick College resources. Manages phone calls that come to the Office of Residential Life including family and student concerns.Manages marketing and distribution of fundraising efforts: OCM and Microfridge.Oversees key management for the office including ordering core changes for lost keys, summer rekey processes, key code updates, and room change key exchangesServes as a hearing officer for low level violations of the Code of Conduct.Supports efforts of office Residential Curriculum and participates by creating lesson plans that meet learning outcomes.Participate in significant campus activities including Welcome Weekend, True Blue Weekend, and Commencement Weekend.Expected to comply with all applicable College, Federal, State, local and associational regulations. As a representative of the College, employee is expected to comport oneself in a professional manner at all times, both on and off campus. Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications: Minimum requirements for this position are a Master’s degree from an accredited college or university in student personnel, higher education administration, or counseling, with at least 3-5 years’ working experience in residential life or student affairs.
- Appreciation for all forms of diversity and a willingness to work with students and staff to create an environment that fosters respect, appreciation and values the contributions of all members of the community.
- Proven ability to successfully collaborate with other university offices in order to meet the needs of residential students.
- Strong communication skills and ability to motivate students.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule that includes evening, weekend and “on call” assignments.
- Strong familiarity with computer applications such as Microsoft Office required.
- Experience working with database management software like StarRez is preferred.
- A cover letter;A resume; A Diversity Statement that addresses how your past and/or potential contributions to diversity will support Hartwick College’s Diversity Statement (https://www.hartwick.edu/campus-life/intercultural-affairs/diversity-at-hartwick/); andThe names and contact information for three references, with annotation regarding how the reference is related to you and your work (at least one of your references must be from a current and/or previous supervisor).