Director of the Center for Student Success
Date: November 23, 2020
Title: Director of the Center for Student SuccessDescription: Reporting to the Assistant Vice President for Student Success, the Director of the Center for Student Success manages the operations of the Center for Student Success; ensures the effectiveness of academic advising, academic support and accessibility; supervises CSS staff; The Director works collaboratively with College leadership, faculty, staff, and students to build and sustain a culture of care and academic success at Hartwick College.
- Leads the Center for Student Success (CSS):
- Supervises Director of Academic Support, Associate Director of Academic & Pre-professional Advising, Director of AccessAbility Services, Coordinator of CSS Operations.
- Provides strategic direction, leadership, and management for the Center for Student Success;
- Supervises and promotes the professional development of CSS staff;
- Oversees daily operations to ensure that tutoring, learning support services, early alert, academic probation, exit interviews, AccessAbility Services and other CSS programs are functioning at the highest level of effectiveness;
- Supervises the Associate Director of Academic and Pre-Professional Advising and assures the effectiveness of general faculty academic advising through professional development, evaluation, and assessment.
Qualifications: Minimum requirements are a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university, but master’s degree is preferred, with a minimum of 5-7 years of progressive experience in student support, teaching, administration, etc.
- Strong understanding of student development theory and practice in retention and student success, including learning support services, student orientation, tutoring and supplemental instruction, academic advising and coaching, student success programming, academic probation services, etc.;
- Ability to work with and energize diverse constituencies and programs from across campus to support institutional goals;
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing to a broad constituency, including administrators, faculty, staff, students, and parents;
- Knowledge of, and demonstrated ability in, higher education academic administration, including working familiarity with the range of activities typically undertaken in an Office of Student Success;
- Strong leadership, supervision and personnel management skills and a working knowledge of effective decision-making techniques;
- Ability to manage complex tasks effectively, including exceptional attention to detail, organization, timeliness, and follow through;
- Excellent interpersonal skills enabling successful functioning in a team environment;
- Strong capability to leverage computers and other information technologies in support of assessment, retention, and other data analysis tasks;
- Ability to demonstrate a personal philosophy of care for others;
- Ability to value diversity and work with those from different backgrounds;
- Commitment to supporting students in their work.
- A cover letter;A resume; A Diversity Statement that addresses how your past and/or potential contributions to diversity will support Hartwick College’s Diversity Statement (https://www.hartwick.edu/campus-life/intercultural-affairs/diversity-at-hartwick/); andThe names and contact information for three references, with annotation regarding how the reference is related to you and your work (at least one of your references must be from a current and/or previous supervisor).