Director of Telecommunications and Copy/Mail Services
Date: September 15, 2020
Title: Director of Telecommunications and Copy/Mail Services
- Configure and maintain telephone and voicemail assignments via the system softwareCoordinate with the Telcom and Networking Associate who supports the technical infrastructure and equipment for telephone and networkManage troubleshooting and service requestsCoordinate with the systems vendors and the contracted support companiesFor College offices, research and advise on telecommunications services and productsPlan and maintain the quality of services
- Supervise operations with USPS, UPS, FedEx, DHL and other shippersOperate equipment and software associated with those servicesManage financial transactions including chargebacks to College offices and departmentsMaintain service and financial recordsPlan and maintain the quality of services
- Supervise a range of copy and print services to support academic and administrative work at the CollegeOperate equipment and software associated with those servicesManage financial transactions including chargebacks to College offices and departmentsMaintain service and financial recordsPlan and maintain the quality of services
Participation in major campus events, including Welcome Weekend, True Blue Weekend, and Commencement Weekend
Expected to comply with all applicable College, Federal, State, local and associational regulations.
As a representative of the College, expected to comport him/herself in a professional manner at all times, both on and off campus.
Qualifications: The minimum requirements for this position are a High School Diploma; A.A./A.S. preferred in a business or technical field with a minimum of 3 years of management or supervisory experience in a service environment. Experience in a retail service setting is strongly preferred. Experience with print/copy and mail/parcel services is required.
- A proactive service ethic, tact under pressure, and demonstrated ability to communicate and work collaboratively with all levels of technical and professional staff, senior IT management and all sectors of the user community Budgeting and business operationsEvaluate and think creatively to solve problemsWork as an effective member of the Information Technology teamWork both “hands on” and conceptually as needed and be able to juggle multiple priorities including a mix of operational responsibilities and projects within an environment characterized by changing technical and support requirementsThe Director is frequently required to sit, stand and walk stairs and hills to other areas on campus, lift cases of paper, packages, hardware equipment from machine room building to remote buildings. Drive to local service vendors as needed in providing customer support to another campus employee. At times, determine and measure color quality of copy/print materials; or for monitoring the VoIP telephone and voice mail system performance. This position involves the use of computer systems. The Director is frequently typing and viewing computer screens or monitors, multi-tasking with talking and listening are frequent activities. The Director may lift and/or move up to 50 pounds; lifting and moving of items of greater weight is typically assisted by use of a handcart.
- A cover letter;
- A resume;
- A Diversity Statement that addresses how your past and/or potential contributions to diversity will support Hartwick College’s Diversity Statement (https://www.hartwick.edu/campus-life/intercultural-affairs/diversity-at-hartwick/); and
- The names and contact information for three references, with annotation regarding how the reference is related to you and your work (at least one of your references must be from a current and/or previous supervisor).