Date: November 4, 2020
Title: Leadership Annual Giving Officer
Description: Under the supervision of the Assistant Vice President for Development, the Leadership Annual Giving Officers are key members of the Development staff, contributing significantly with programming focused on unrestricted annual and special giving programs.
They will plan, implement, manage, and assess Hartwick’s annual giving program with specific revenue goals, including:
- Manage a portfolio of and solicit gifts from donors at the leadership annual giving level between $1,000 and $25,000
- Prepare direct mail and electronic solicitations
- Coordinate digital and social media giving campaigns
- Coordinate employee and parent and family giving campaigns
- Manage special projects assigned by senior leadership
- Lead student giving and alumni reunion programming and solicitations
- Supervise student calling operations
- Manage annual giving budget
Co-supervise the Student Calling Program
- Plan and implement two annual philanthropy days--Giving Tuesday and Hartwick’s Day of Giving (April)—including goal setting, strategy and tactics development, and outcome measurement reporting.
- Collaborate closely with the Marketing Communications and Digital Communication teams to design and manage all direct mail operations, electronic solicitations, and digital and social media solicitations for annual giving programs.
- Giving Tuesday programming
- Hartwick’s Annual Day of Giving (April)
- College Advancement crowdfunding initiatives
As a representative of the College, must comport oneself in a professional manner at all times, both on and off campus
- Recruit, hire, train, and manage a staff of approximately 12 student callers, 2-3 student supervisors, and office work-study students
- Manage calling sessions
- Develop scripts, rebuttals, new/returning caller training materials, and fulfillment paperwork as needed
- Coordinate scheduling and payroll for all student workers
- Maintain daily statistics and provide progress reports as needed
Comply with all applicable College, Federal, State, local and associational regulationsParticipate in significant campus activities including Welcome Weekend, True Blue Weekend, and Commencement WeekendPerform other job-related duties as assignedAll employees are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the start of employment
Qualifications: Minimum qualifications for this position are a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university. Supervisory experience, specifically for college students or young adults, and experience in higher education or nonprofit fundraising is preferred.
Must have the ability to develop strategies to achieve fundraising goals, analyze results and adjust plans to reflect those results. A high level of verbal and written communication skills across multiple disciplines is required. The position requires the ability to work independently on complex projects and yet maintain close connection with colleagues from all departments. Ability to meet deadlines. Ability to multi-task with strong organizational skills. Must exhibit integrity and professionalism. Understanding of budgets and resource allocation. Knowledge of Microsoft Software (Word, Excel, Access and Outlook) and must be able to use all types of standard office equipment. The candidate must have a valid driver’s license and be insurable by the College.
An independent, residential liberal arts college enrolling approximately 1,200 full-time undergraduates, Hartwick embraces the teacher-scholar model, with teaching excellence as the first priority, and seeks to recruit, retain and promote a diverse workforce. The College features a Liberal Arts in Practice general education curriculum and aspires to “be the best at melding liberal arts education with experiential learning.” Hartwick operates as a community of learners where there is a very real sense of belonging and connection. By joining Hartwick, you become part of a group of people who work together, share in our successes, and celebrate our accomplishments. All positions at Hartwick contribute to the education and development of students with the opportunity to see the impact on future leaders – what you do at Hartwick really matters.Our beautiful 425-acre campus is located in the scenic Susquehanna River valley in Oneonta, New York—a charming town near the northern foothills of the Catskill Mountains. Hartwick offers health benefits to domestic partners of employees, flexible scheduling, opportunities to engage in athletic and cultural events (concerts, exhibits, and lectures) and tuition benefits for eligible employees and their dependents. Hartwick College prohibits discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation/preference and gender identity/expression and is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to broadening “the understanding, awareness, and appreciation of diversity among all members of the Hartwick community.” Women, minorities, and other underrepresented groups are especially encouraged to apply. Hartwick College is committed to providing a safe and secure educational and employment environment. Employment at Hartwick College is therefore contingent upon a successful background check on every new employee. Candidates to whom an offer of employment is made will be required to sign a Release of Information Form authorizing the College to conduct a thorough background check.Hartwick College is committed to a diverse candidate pool, values an inclusive workforce and workplace environment, and wishes to minimize or eliminate the impact of implicit bias during the search and hiring process. All applicants are asked to submit the following materials with their online applications:
A cover letter;A resume; A Diversity Statement that addresses how your past and/or potential contributions to diversity will support Hartwick College’s Diversity Statement (https://www.hartwick.edu/campus-life/intercultural-affairs/diversity-at-hartwick/); andThe names and contact information for three references, with annotation regarding how the reference is related to you and your work (at least one of your references must be from a current and/or previous supervisor).
Review of applications will continue until the position is filled.Read More