Administrative Assistant II
- Provide administrative support including answering the telephone, scheduling appointments for professional staff, receiving visitors, writing reports and memos, maintaining files and inventories, and provide general information about the Center for Student Diversity, Student Success Programs, the Division of Student Affairs and the Office of Inclusion and Institutional Equity.
- Support office-related programming and events including creation and distribution of publicity, order and pick-up supplies and food, assist with the set-up and break-down of events in the Center for Student Diversity.
- Assist in the supervision of student staff with their daily responsibilities, including telephone responses and ensuring timely and efficient completion of administrative functions.
- Schedule Center for Student Diversity and Student Success Programs meetings, programs, and events, both internally and through Event and Conference Services, and maintain a master calendar for all Center for Student Diversity and Student Success Programs events, programs, and meetings.
- Compile monthly statistical data reports tracking engagement including program attendance and daily student visits to the Center for Student Diversity and Student Success Programs suite.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Center for Student Diversity and Student Success Programs Directors and staff.
- Coordinate office mail including incoming and outgoing daily mail, coordinate bulk mailings, and receive and log special orders.
- Manage office resources including the monthly inventory of office supplies, organization of supplies and equipment, monitor access to supplies, administer printing orders to the Printing Center, and help manage all office technology and audiovisual equipment.
- High School Diploma or equivalent and three years of administrative support
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Must be able to proofread and edit written documents and communications
- Strong computer software skills, such as word processing, spreadsheets, databases, presentation programs, Internet, email, and calendar software
- Ability to understand and follow written instructions
- Effectively interact with internal and external parties in a courteous and efficient manner
- Ability to plan, organize, prioritize, and execute multiple and continuing assignments with general instructions
- Supervise and advise students employees
- Successfully work with and support diverse populations across race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, ability, socioeconomic status, immigration status, first-generation college status, and other identity groups
Organization: Office of Inclusion and Institutional Equity Division
Primary Location: Main Campus
Job Posting: Mar 31, 2021