Talent Acquisition Specialist
Talent Acquisition Specialist
Job Number: 89018
This position is open to 100% remote work.
Stanford University is one of the world's premier academic and research institutions, devoting tremendous intellectual and physical resources toward the betterment of humanity. As a major Silicon Valley employer, Stanford seeks people committed to excellence and to improving our world. In turn, the university is committed to supporting its employees as they develop their careers and enrich their lives. We believe Stanford's future success will be shaped by the diverse perspectives, unique experiences, and inclusive culture of its community.
The vision for the Office for External Relations is to create a broader and more purposeful engagement with our alumni, neighbors, region, nation, and world. External Relations will accomplish this vision by enhancing and aligning current programs, while also developing new strategies for service, philanthropic support, amplified communications, and more robust engagement locally, regionally, nationally and globally. We will enhance collaboration with local partners to address sustainability, affordability and other local challenges, working to become part of the fabric of the neighborhood.
External Relations also partners closely and shares a number of administration resources with the Stanford Alumni Association. Founded in 1892 by the university's first graduating class, the Stanford Alumni Association (SAA) has a mission to reach, serve and engage all Stanford alumni and students; to foster lifelong intellectual and emotional connections between the university and its alumni; and to provide the university with goodwill and support.
The Talent Acquisition Specialist will partner with the Associate Director of Talent Acquisition (TA), other TA team members, hiring managers and unit HR staff in developing and conducting recruiting strategies, candidate sourcing, job posting/advertising, diversity outreach, resume reviewing, as well as, candidate screening and interviewing. The TA Specialist will source and engage active and passive candidates using the internal applicant tracking system, Boolean search, LinkedIn and alternative search techniques. The successful candidate works with a high level of independence and exercises a high degree of initiative, influence, and judgment.
- Partner with the TA team, hiring managers and unit HR staff to determine basic requirements and qualifications of positions to develop job postings, candidate profiles, and selection criteria.
- Serve as an expert for creating talent pool(s) through a deep understanding of the competitive landscape and hiring needs within the Alumni Association and External Relations.
- Set hiring manager expectations. Develop and execute service level agreements for individual positions.
- Provide guidance and tools to managers throughout the search process, including how to conduct interviews and extend offers.
- Through the use of the internal resume database (Taleo), networking, and other web resources, the TAA will source, recruit, screen, interview, and recommend external and/or internal candidates for all levels of jobs, including support and hourly, professional and technical, and management positions.
- Ensure internal/external referrals are handled with care and consideration for current and future opportunities.
- Cultivate pools of diverse potential candidates for current and future openings through building and maintaining networks of potential candidates, pro-active market research, and on-going relationship management.
- Deliver detailed metrics reporting to drive continuous process and strategy improvement.
- Recommend ideas and strategies related to recruitment, implementing new processes and fine-tuning standard processes for recruiting that deliver the highest quality results to the customer. Ensure accurate and complete documentation is maintained concerning all phases of the recruitment process, including equal employment opportunity statistics, in compliance with state and federal laws, contractual obligations, and university guidelines.
- Recruit from and/or conduct job fairs, as needed.
- A commitment to promoting and supporting an environment of diversity and inclusion.
* - Other duties may also be assigned
Education & Experience: Bachelor's degree and five years of relevant experience, or combination of education and relevant experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Exceptional at candidate generation, client management, highly organized, effective communicator,
- Possess the ability to prioritize, push back, and demonstrate a strong sense of urgency, all while being highly customer focused and collaborative.
- Extensive knowledge of full-cycle recruiting, and has sharp business acumen.
- Able to forge dynamic relationships with business leaders, hiring managers and HR business partners.
- Possess strong ability to screen, interview and prepare a candidate slate within an appropriate and consistent timeline.
- Thorough knowledge of state and federal employment laws applicable to the hiring of employees, including affirmative action and equal employment opportunity requirements.
- Demonstrated experience with web-based systems and recruiting sources, including the internet, social media, warm/cold calling, referrals, events, networking, publications, industry groups/associations, and job fairs.
- Proficiency with applicant tracking systems (ex: Taleo), Boolean Search, LinkedIn and alternative search techniques.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Demonstrated experience engaging and motivating groups of diverse individuals.
- Occasional travel.
- Flexible work hours including weekends and evenings.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
WHY STANFORD IS FOR YOU:
Imagine a world without search engines or social platforms. Consider lives saved through first-ever organ transplants and research to cure illnesses. Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven to impact the future of our legacy. Our culture and unique perks empower you with:
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall, or choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts and more
The job duties listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification and are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary depending on department or program needs without changing the general nature and scope of the job or level of responsibility. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned.
Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of the job.
Stanford is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4692
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: I
- Requisition ID: 89018
Location: Office of External Relations, Stanford, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency