Accountant II-Business Office
Category: Classified Staff
Department: Business Office
Locations: Boston, MA
Posted: Apr 1, 2021
Ref No.: 129623
About Bunker Hill Community College:
Bunker Hill Community College (BHCC) is a multi-campus institution with vibrant, urban campuses in Boston, Massachusetts, in nearby Chelsea, Massachusetts, and at several satellites and instructional sites throughout the Greater Boston area. The largest of the 15 community colleges in Massachusetts, BHCC serves some 18,000 students annually, focusing on holistic student services to ensure student retention and persistence. The College offers certificates and associate degrees, early college and dual enrollment, non-credit community and corporate training, and industry-specific training programs. BHCC is the 8th most diverse higher education institution in the United States, and is an Asian American and Pacific Islander Serving Institution. Bunker Hill is also a Hispanic Service Institution, defined as an institution that has an enrollment of undergrad full-time equivalent students that is at least 25 percent Hispanic students. Approximately 1000 international students attend from 100 countries, speaking more than 75 languages.
The successful candidate will be an excellent team player responsible for full accounts payable cycle. Duties include but not limited; to processing of invoices for payment, audit of invoices and expense reports for accuracy, pay invoices via electronic funds transfer (EFT) and paper checks, maintain excel spreadsheets, maintain documents in paperless imaging system, interact with vendors, employees and outside agencies, reconciling business credit cards and monitoring such accounts, performing general ledger account reconciliations as applicable. Any other accounting work assigned by the Comptroller/ Assistant Comptroller.
- Must have at least two years of full-time or equivalent part-time, professional experience in accounting or auditing. An Associate's degree with a major in accounting, business administration or business management may be substituted for a maximum of one year of the required experience.
- Thorough knowledge of accounting practices and procedures is required.
- Experience with Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word.
- Knowledge of office procedures and record keeping for audit purposes.
- Strong organizational, communication and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and effectively as a productive team member in a multi-tasked, time-sensitive environment.
- Ability to multitask, meet deadlines, and respond to requests for data in a timely manner.
- Successful experience interacting with culturally diverse populations.
- Knowledge and experience with Colleague Higher Educational software by Ellucian is an advantage
- Knowledge and experience with Massachusetts Management Accounting & Reporting System is an advantage
Salary: $1,799.63 Bi-weekly
Review Date: To ensure consideration al application materials must be received by April 14, 2021.
To be considered for this position please upload the following documents to your account:
- Cover Letter
Please be sure to address the Required Qualifications in your documents.
If you need assistance applying through this website please contact our online Help Desk HERE