Human Resources Generalist III
Human Resources DivisionDepartment Website Link:
Tucson, AZ USAPosition Highlights:
The Division of Human Resources (HR) is recruiting for an HR Generalist professional to provide primary HR support for the College of Veterinary Medicine. The HR Generalist will provide human resources services and consultation to the staff and management within the college. Under the guidance and supervision of the Division of Human Resources and in collaboration with the Dean, the HR Generalist administers and coordinates recruitment, referral and employment activities, employee relations and classification/compensation efforts, and the development and training of employees and management aligned with the Central HR Division. The HR Generalist is also responsible for developing, recommending, establishing, and communicating human resource services, programs, and procedures which recognize and respond to the different needs and concerns of college staff, faculty, executive team members and central HR. This position will supervise 1-2 people.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.Duties & Responsibilities:
- Works with college to ensure effective and cost-efficientrecruitment strategies and screening for qualified applicants.
- Engages in outreach to develop and maintain relationshipswith professional organizations and community groups in order to identifypotential applicants.
- Introduces applicants and campus community members to thecollege and the University’s hiring process through one-on-one meetings andgroup presentations/job fairs.
- Ensures that college hiring processes comply withUniversity guidelines and policies by providing education to Associate Deansand search committees.
In collaboration with the Division of HR Compensation Teamand Sr. HR Organizational Consultant,
- Works with Associate Deans and senior management to ensureproper classification of positions and provide salary analysis data toAssociate Deans heads as necessary.
- Communicates with managers on compensation programs toprepare for the impact on employees such as merit and classification salaryadjustment programs.
- Consults with Associate Deans and senior management in theplanning stages of compensation proposals such as career progressions, marketand equity salary adjustments, supplemental compensation, etc.
- Conducts classification reviews to recommend theestablishment of new or the revision of existing positions.
- Liaison for employee relations concerns, conducting initialmeetings with managers and supervisors regarding concerns, and working with theSr. HR Organizational Consultant to ensure appropriate referral and followthrough where needed.
- Consults with managers and executive management onperformance management issues such as performance evaluation.
- Facilitates conflict resolution, conducts mediation, andadvises management on the process and requirements of University disputeresolution processes.
- Respond to inquiries on polices or procedures related tofaculty and act as the liaison between college and central administration forfaculty related actions.
- Participates in college executive team meetings andadvises on HR policies, procedures, and best practices, while co-creating anddeveloping new best practices for the college.
- Arranges training needs assessments and assists in thedesign and delivery of employee and management training and developmentprograms; assists with the development of organizational reward and recognitioninitiatives and assists with the coordination of those initiatives inconformance with established UA policies and procedures.
- Promotes the college's wellness program by conductingresearch, analyses and studies to address significant issues and problemsrelated to human resources; recommends or initiates programs, actions orservices to resolve problems.
- Collects and maintains data relating to employeerecruitment initiatives to include statistics on candidate diversity,recruitment initiatives (e.g., job fair attendance and public outreach), andcandidate recruitment advertising responses.
- In communication with HR Workforce Systems, oversees theannual roll-over process including coordination with supervisors oncontinuation of employee funding, renewal of Designated Campus Colleagues(DCC’s), and other year-end processes.
- Foster effective working relationships with faculty,staff, college level colleagues and departments around campus.
- Keep informed of, interpret, and apply pertinent rules,regulations, policies and procedures set forth by the University of Arizona andexternal agencies related to the areas of assignments.
- Track Visa expiration dates and assist Visa holders in theextension process on all Visa types. Prepare Visa application and/or permanentresidency packet when needed.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to build rapport and develop strong relationships across diverse stakeholder groups.
- Excellent organizational, communication interpersonal skills
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience is required.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent advanced learning attained through professional level experience required.
•Human resources experience within higher education.
ExemptFull Time/Part Time:
Full TimeNumber of Hours Worked per Week:
Human ResourcesBenefits Eligible:
Yes - Full BenefitsRate of Pay:
$52,024 - $60,000Compensation Type:
salary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE)Grade:
9Career Stream and Level:
HR GeneralistsJob Function:
Human ResourcesType of criminal background check required::
Fingerprint criminal background check (security sensitive due to job duties)Number of Vacancies:
1Target Hire Date:
5/3/2021Expected End Date:
Contact Information for Candidates:
Administrative Assistant, HR Consulting
3/30/2021Open Until Filled:
YesDocuments Needed to Apply:
Resume and Cover LetterSpecial Instructions to Applicant:
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution and a Native American/Alaska Native-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.