Senior Coordinator, Admissions and Recruitment (Oro Valley, AZ)
Vet Med AdministrationDepartment Website Link:
Outside of TucsonAddress:
1580 E Hanley Blvd, Oro Valley, AZ 85737-9525 USAPosition Highlights:
The University of Arizona's College of Veterinary Medicine invites applicants for the position of Senior Coordinator, Admissions and Recruitment. This position will be responsible for developing and implementing strategies, systems, processes, learning experiences, and networks that support achievement of desired academic and career outcomes, including the overall student experience. The successful candidate will assist students in successfully integrating into the institution's environment and help them to thrive personally and academically. This position performs numerous activities related to the recruitment, evaluation, and selection of students seeking entrance to the institution. They will initiate, implement, and monitor strategies and procedures that ensure the effectiveness and efficiency of recruitment, evaluation, and selection at the College.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.Duties & Responsibilities:
- Counsels and advises prospective students and parents on educational planning, enrollment services, admission requirements, and application procedures.
- Organizes and participates in communications, planning, documentation, and execution of the Supplemental Assessment and Multiple Mini Interview (MMI) program.
- Coordinates the planning, implementation, and evaluation of campus and virtual visitation programs and outreach events for prospective students.
- Coordinates the evaluation of applicant credentials, e.g. by ensuring authenticity of documents, calculation of grade point average (GPA), comparability of international credentials, and English-language proficiency for international applicants.
- Serves as primary liaison between prematriculants, applicants, and the CVM by reviewing and verifying official transcripts received; checks and converts credits to semester system as needed; determines equivalences of prerequisite courses; checks for repeat courses.
- Conducts information sessions and orientations for prospective and admitted veterinarian students.
- Maintains and tracks all records associated with applicant files in necessary admissions related systems, including VMCAS, WebAdmit, UAccess (PeopleSoft), GradCAS, and GradApp.
- Supports Admissions Committee by preparing slide decks in preparation for meetings and records minutes.
- Recommends changes to admission policies and procedures.
- Supports updating CVM Admissions website.
- Coordinates outreach activities, including in-person and virtual webinars, and responds to requests for information in a timely and accurate manner.
- Partners with marketing, senior administration, faculty, and external partners to develop recruitment materials (including web page information and other channels).
- Leads the processing, management, and communications pertaining to applications, including written and procedural communications regarding application actions (e.g., Acceptance, Alternate List, Rejection).
- Directs and executes recruitment/assignments of faculty members, staff, and community members to fill interview needs.
- Coordinates programs for admissions, including but not limited to: set-up and execution of interview programs, interview evaluator recruitment, interview training sessions, and tour guides.
- Manages, administers, develops, and enforces established university and college policies and procedures, outlines new processes, and monitors data collection and records management.
- Fosters student success through providing a warm and welcoming environment for prospective and admitted students.
- Additional duties may be assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent advanced learning attained through professional level experience required.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience.
ExemptFull Time/Part Time:
Full TimeNumber of Hours Worked per Week:
Student ServicesBenefits Eligible:
Yes - Full BenefitsRate of Pay:
salary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE)Grade:
7Career Stream and Level:
Recruitment & AdmissionsJob Function:
Student ServicesType of criminal background check required::
Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)Number of Vacancies:
1Target Hire Date:
5/3/2021Expected End Date:
Contact Information for Candidates:
4/1/2021Open Until Filled:
YesDocuments Needed to Apply:
Resume and Cover LetterSpecial Instructions to Applicant:
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution and a Native American/Alaska Native-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.