RENEW Team Research Assistant (Multiple Positions) (Part Time/Full Time)
Family and Community MedicineDepartment Website Link:
UAHS - TucsonAddress:
University of Arizona Health Sciences, Tucson, AZ USAPosition Highlights:
The RENEW Team Research Assistant(s) will participate in ongoing research study activities including, but not limited to, facilitating study recruitment (e.g., posting advertisements in local venues and on social media, conducting eligibility interviews), enrolling study participants (e.g., obtaining informed consent, completing data collection forms, preparing files for review of study physician and principal investigator), collecting study data (e.g., scheduling participant remote and in-person visits, managing remote surveys, shipping study supplies), and participant follow-up (e.g., detailed notes of all participant interactions, corresponding with participants regularly and reliably). Additional activities may include conducting literature reviews, assisting with the interpretation of study results, active involvement in study team meetings, and more. All activities will rely on an individual who can work productively independently, as well as part of a team.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work‐life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.Duties & Responsibilities:
- Study participant enrollment includes assisting with the development and placement of recruitment advertisement and tools, conducting telephone interviews to assess eligibility, completing forms and other documentation to track eligibility items, escalating potentially eligible participants' information to the PI and study physician for review, corresponding with potential study participants, scheduling potential study participants, and obtaining informed consent.
- Data collection includes delivering standard assessments such as surveys and interviews, monitoring incoming data for completion, assisting with the preparing of data reports, completing participant progress notes, communicating participant concerns/issue to study team, preparing participant mailings and supplies, dropping off participant medication and supplies, and preparing shipments of biological materials.
- Administrative tasks include attending study meetings, taking minutes at meetings, attending relevant trainings, and documenting participant/staff interactions.
- Participation in the interpretation of study data and literature reviews includes attending meetings, participating in discussions, reading peer-reviewed literature, sharing ideas.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience required.
- High school diploma or equivalent, or equivalent learning attained through experience required.
Non-ExemptFull Time/Part Time:
To be DeterminedNumber of Hours Worked per Week:
30 - 40Job FTE:
.75 - 1.0Work Calendar:
Yes - Full BenefitsRate of Pay:
$13.07 - $18.15Compensation Type:
3Career Stream and Level:
Clinical ResearchJob Function:
ResearchType of criminal background check required::
Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)Number of Vacancies:
2Target Hire Date:
Expected End Date:
Contact Information for Candidates:
Kristina Medvescek | [email protected]Open Date:
4/1/2021Open Until Filled:
YesDocuments Needed to Apply:
Resume and Cover LetterSpecial Instructions to Applicant:
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution and a Native American/Alaska Native-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.