Postdoctoral Research Associate I
Chemistry & Biochemistry - SciDepartment Website Link:
Tucson, AZ USAPosition Highlights:
The Bredas Laboratory within the Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, at the University of Arizona is seeking a motivated scholar to fill a Postdoctoral Research Associate I position with a research focus on harnessing solar energy with Organic and Hybrid Photovoltaic Cells.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, vision, and life insurance; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.Duties & Responsibilities:
- Carry out state-of-the-art theoretical calculations of the morphological and electronic properties of the active layers of efficient (non-fullerene based) organic solar cells. Participate in the writing of manuscripts and of reports to funding agencies. Complete basic reporting on research projects.Demonstrate strong oral and written communication skills. Additional duties may apply.
- Must have a Ph.D.in Computational Chemistry, Computational Physics or in arelated field upon hire.
- Must have experience in collaborating effectively withexperimental research groups.
- Must have a strong list of publications.
• Experience coding in languages such as C++ and Python.
• Experience with first-principles quantum mechanical calculations for molecular, cluster, and periodic systems; these optimally include organic–inorganic hybrid interfaces.
• Experience with all-atom and coarse-grained molecular dynamics simulations of organic blends and organic-inorganic interfaces.
ExemptFull Time/Part Time:
Full TimeNumber of Hours Worked per Week:
Yes - Full BenefitsRate of Pay:
salary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE)Type of criminal background check required::
Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)Number of Vacancies:
1Target Hire Date:
4/12/2021Expected End Date:
Contact Information for Candidates:
Dr. Jean-Luc Bredas
3/31/2021Open Until Filled:
YesDocuments Needed to Apply:
Curriculum Vitae (CV) and Cover LetterSpecial Instructions to Applicant:
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution and a Native American/Alaska Native-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.