SAP Business Analyst for Human Resources/Payroll
The Office of the Chancellor, Pennsylvania State System of Higher Education’s (PASSHE) administrative headquarters in Harrisburg, PA, is conducting a search for a full-time SAP Business Analyst for Human Resources/Payroll. This position is part of the SAP Functional HR/Payroll Team and will work closely with the System Human Resources and Payroll shared services area, the universities, and others to provide advice regarding system capabilities, identifying and documenting functional requirements, recommending priorities, performing system configuration, and completing assigned system deliverables in support of the SAP Time Management and other related functionality. This position will report to the Director of SAP Human Capital Management Systems.
This position is predominantly remote, but will require some travel to the main office in Harrisburg PA or the State System Universities
This responsibilities of this position will include but are not limited to:
- System configuration required to satisfy requirements from key stakeholders for fixes, changes, and enhancements to the SAP HCM system;
- Work as a subject matter expert to respond to time management related inquiries and provide problem resolution and support as it relates to the SAP Time Management and eTime Student Time systems;
- Assist in the operational support and resolution of data and technical issues;
- Providing advice regarding system capabilities;
- Identifying and documenting functional requirements;
- Work closely with key stakeholders to design and develop reports, forms, interfaces, and conversions.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director, SAP HCM
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business administration or a related major. Proficiency in Microsoft Office. Specialized detailed knowledge of the HR/Payroll business processes required in the respective functional areas that would be achieved with a bachelor’s degree and five years of SAP experience, or any equivalent combination of education and experience.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to work independently as a subject matter expert (SME) in a team environment.
- Ability to develop/lead training sessions. Desire to train/cross train with team members.Experience providing technical training to a non-technical audience.Analytical and organizational ability necessary to interpret user needs and requirements into a recommendation for system changes/enhancements.Ability to multi-task and work in an open team environment.Knowledge of business processes improvement methods using technological applications and solutions.An understanding of the impact of changes in a highly integrated information system.Ability to maintain good working relationships with other team members.
- 1 to 3 years of hands-on SAP configuration experience, including experience writing SAP Dynamic Actions and Payroll or Time calculation rules;
- At least 3 years of experience supporting the SAP Payroll and/or Time Management modules;
- Experience supporting SAP Employee and Manager’s Self Service;
- Has participated in at least 1 full cycle SAP upgrade and/or annual Support Pack application and testing;
- Has experience with SAP Fiori applications for HCM;
- Functional Human Resources experience in the areas of payroll and/or time management administration.
- Knowledge and/or experience with SAP in Higher Education or Public Sector.
Applications & Resumes will be accepted until position is filled, however; to ensure full consideration, application materials should be received no later than end of day April 25, 2020. Incomplete applications will not be considered. All applications for this position must be submitted via our online application/resume system ONLY. Please do not fax, mail, or e-mail any documentation.
The anticipated starting salary for this position is between $65,000 and $75,000, commensurate with experience and skills.
Successful interview, reference checks, background clearances (PA Criminal, Child Abuse Clearance & FBI Clearance), and demonstration of ability are requisite qualifications for all positions.
The State System is very interested in hiring employees who have had extensive experience with diverse populations.
Office of the Chancellor is an AA/EOE/member of the PA State System of Higher Education and actively solicits applications from women and minority candidates.
State System of Higher Education does not discriminate in employment or educational opportunities on the basis of sex, race, ethnicity, national origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, or veteran status. To discuss a complaint of discrimination, please contact the Title IX Coordinator located in the Office of Chancellor or the Office for Civil Rights located in the Lyndon Baines Johnson Department of Education Bldg., 400 Maryland Avenue, SW, Washington, DC 20202-1100, by phone at 800-421-3481 (TDD: 800-877-8339), by fax at 202-453-6012, or by e-mail at [email protected].