Business and Finance Specialist - Veterinary Medicine Administration (143908)
Business and Finance Specialist
College of Veterinary Medicine
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability or veteran status. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO.
Primary Position Function /Summary
Under general supervision the employee works in the Business Service Center (BSC), which provides business transaction processing for the College of Veterinary Medicine. This position will be the Purchasing and Travel Card expert for the BSC and will also provide purchasing assistance using systems such as Banner, iBuy, and TEM.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Serves as Purchasing Card (P-Card) and Travel Card (T-Card) expert by interpreting and enforcing university Card Services policies to assure college-wide compliance. Along with the Department Card Manager, this position will act as a liaison between University Payables Card Services and the College of Veterinary Medicine faculty and staff.
2. Process orders using the most appropriate method, P-Card, T-Card, Banner or iBuy. Prepares electronic documents for purchases through the most appropriate method. Reviews and releases electronic documents for purchases after appropriate departmental approvals have been given. Research and resolve purchasing problems. Provide assistance to college staff on procurement related issues. Serves as a college resource for e-procurement system training. Maintain thorough knowledge of all applicable policies and procedures, including allowable costs on each fund type. Consults with OBFS units on resolution of problems with purchase orders and accounts payable.
3. Reconcile P-Card charges for units within the college and assists with the reconciliation of accounts according to set procedures and deadlines as directed by higher-level accounting personnel.
4. Process Invoice on Hold issues and process non-conforming orders as needed.
5. Receives invoices from vendors and sends them to Payables for processing. Monitors invoices to ensure that we are being charged the correct price. Works with vendor to issue credits and resolves payment issues with vendors.
6. Assists with year-end closing activities under the direction of higher-level accounting personnel.
7. Along with other members of the BSC, performs customer service for faculty and staff by answering phone calls and providing walk-in services including assisting with iBuy questions, problem resolution, UPS and FedEx shipping, and general inquiries.
8. Performs other related office duties as assigned or when other staff members are absent? including but not limited to account reconciliation, Journal Voucher processing, preparation of deposits of funds to the University Bursar’s Office and to the University of Illinois Foundation, and ticket assignment in the BSC ticketing system.
9. Additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, management or a field related to position.
- Two (2) years of professional-level accounting, managerial and/or business experience, including one year at an administrative level.
- Working knowledge of Banner, iBuy, TEM, P-Card, and MS Office Suite.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, including the ability to interact effectively with academic faculty, students, support staff, and visitors.
- Ability to thrive in a team environment and actively contribute to the team’s success.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and meet deadlines with accuracy.
- Ability to plan work with changing priorities and work under pressure.
- Ability to understand written material and extract important points
- Ability to act with initiative, make independent decisions, and prioritize with minimal direct supervision
Normal office setting. Allergies to hay, straw or animal dander may cause discomfort based on the location within the College of Veterinary Medicine.
SALARY AND APPOINTMENT INFORMATION
This is a full-time Civil Service Business Administrative Assoicate position appointed on a 12-month service basis. Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience. Starting date is as soon as possible after April 15, 2021.
Applications must be received by April 15, 2021. Apply for this position using the “Apply for Position” button below. If you have not applied before, you must create your candidate profile at http://jobs.illinois.edu. If you already have a profile, you may be redirected to that existing profile via email notification. To complete the application process:
Step 1) Submit the Staff Vacancy Application.
Step 2) Submit the Voluntary Self-Identification of Disability forms.
Step 3) Upload the following documants:
In order to be considered as a transfer candidate, you must apply for the position using the “Apply for Position” button below. Applications not submitted through this website will not be considered. For further information regarding this vacancy, contact Allison Artis at [email protected]. For questions about the application process, please contact 217-333-2137.The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer. As a qualifying federal contractor, the University of Illinois System uses E-Verify to verify employment eligibility. The University of Illinois System requires candidates selected for hire to disclose any documented finding of sexual misconduct or sexual harassment and to authorize inquiries to current and former employers regarding findings of sexual misconduct or sexual harassment. For more information, visit Policy on Consideration of Sexual Misconduct in Prior Employment.
College Name or Administrative Unit:College of Veterinary Medicine Category:2-Administrative Title:Business and Finance Specialist - Veterinary Medicine Administration (143908) Open Date:04/01/2021 Close Date:04/15/2021 Organization Name:Vet Medicine Administration