Business Financial Coordinator - Carver Biotechnology Center (144124)
Business Financial CoordinatorCarver Biotechnology Center University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
The Carver Biotechnology Center seeks a Business Financial Coordinator to provide high-level business and accounting administrative support to the Director of the Carver Biotechnology Center (CBC), Associate Director, Service Facility Directors, Service facilities’ professional and non-academic staff.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability or veteran status. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO.
Account processing and business management:
- Responsible for general fund accounting, budgeting, purchasing support and financial reporting duties for State, ICR, Gift, Service and Plant funds and for developing and maintaining financial databases and spreadsheets.
- Approve proposed expenditures and transfers for CBC accounts; prepare necessary transfers including earning transfers, transfers of revenue, expenditure and budget.
- Monitor and advise management on the financial position of all accounts within the portfolio and completion of campus reporting requirements.
- Oversee accountancy of CBC self-supporting facilities and review for Government Costing audits; serve as liaison to Government Costing; maintain a high level of expertise in applicable costing rules and policies.
- Responsible for fiscal year-end closing, opening and reporting procedures and for CBC reporting systems and procedures being in full compliance with University and State policies and regulations.
- Coordinating with CBC Associate Director and OVCRI in setting up CBC annual budget into salary planner and budget planner.
- Oversee billing feeder system and create formats to improve function for users. Process billing invoices for services provided to off-campus customers.
- Supervise support staff, including training, coordinating, directing and prioritizing the workflow.
Major purchases and maintenance implementation and management:
- Responsible for purchasing functions, inclusive of sole source and bid posting/processing and facilitating UI Board of Trustee, Chief Procurement Office, and purchasing approval; review request for goods and services, following applicable laws, regulations and policies.
- Review of instrumentation maintenance contracts and annual supply orders for renewal, cancellation, or recommend and develop alternative procurement actions.
Management of Sponsored Programs:
- Monitor the status of submitted proposals via the Proposal Tracking Report.
- Manage financial statements of grant and contract accounts for accuracy and conformance to agency guidelines and resolution of discrepancies.
- Analyze funding proposals to determine if cost-sharing or Activity Codes should be established.
- Serve as liaison to Sponsored Programs Administration (SPA).
- Coordinate billing detail for SPA and unit customers including campus, national and international.
- Responsible for unit reporting in the campus Activity Reporting System.
Miscellaneous administrative duties:
- Review and approve employee travel and miscellaneous reimbursements using the TEM system.
- At the direction of CBC Director/Associate Director, mine and summarize fiscal and business data for CBC and otherwise assist with reports. Oversee unit P-Card functions and compliance.
- Time Approval of Civil Service, part-time, and student workers.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, management, or a field related to the position.
- Three years of professional-level accounting, managerial, and/or business experience in the University of Illinois (UI) system using multiple Banner modules, including one year at an administrative level.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, or a field related to the position.
- Five years of business experience in the University of Illinois (UI) system using multiple Banner modules.
- Demonstrated experience and proficiency in UI system making large equipment and supply purchases, such as sole source, bid, or BOT.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Possess knowledge of accountancy and applications in a business environment.
- Ability to perform detailed work involving written or numerical data and make calculations rapidly and accurately.
- Competency using automated database tools and Microsoft Office products, and ability to function efficiently in a computer-intensive work environment.
- Able to work independently as well as productively with others, and communicate effectively, both written and orally.
- Knowledge and exposure to University or fund accounting fundamentals, including a working knowledge of Banner, Eddie, and University policy and financial guidelines.
SALARY AND APPOINTMENT INFORMATION
This is a full-time Civil Service Business/Administrative Associate position appointed on a 12-month service basis. The expected start date is as soon as possible after April 15, 2021. Salary is commensurate with experience.
Applications must be received by April 15, 2021. Apply for this position using the “Apply for Position” button below. If you have not applied before, you must create your candidate profile at http://jobs.illinois.edu. If you already have a profile, you will be redirected to that existing profile via email notification. To complete the application process:
Step 1) Submit the Staff Vacancy Application.Step 2) Submit the Voluntary Self-Identification of Disability forms.Step 3) Upload the following documents:
In order to be considered as a transfer candidate, you must apply for this position using the “Apply for Position” button below. Applications not submitted through this website will not be considered. For further information about this specific position, contact Leslie Lewin Reinhart at [email protected]. For questions about the application process, please contact 217-333-2137.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer. As a qualifying federal contractor, the University of Illinois System uses E-Verify to verify employment eligibility. The University of Illinois System requires candidates selected for hire to disclose any documented finding of sexual misconduct or sexual harassment and to authorize inquiries to current and former employers regarding findings of sexual misconduct or sexual harassment. For more information, visit Policy on Consideration of Sexual Misconduct in Prior Employment. College Name or Administrative Unit:Office of the Vice Chancellor for Research & Innovation Category:2-Administrative Title:Business Financial Coordinator - Carver Biotechnology Center (144124) Open Date:04/01/2021 Close Date:04/15/2021 Organization Name:Biotechnology Center