Data Modeler/ETL Developer (143726)
Data Modeler/ETL Developer
Administrative Information Technology Services (AITS)
University of Illinois System - Urbana
The University System Office seeks a Data Modeler/ETL Developer to provide support in all aspects of the design, mapping, development, and testing of data movement for the data warehouse environment, with emphasis on the Extract-Transform-Load (ETL) process. Persons in this position must understand the development and maintenance techniques surrounding data movement between different target and source platforms using Oracle as the backend database and an ETL tool. The person in this position will also employ data analysis and problem solving skills to address data layer related items for the Business Intelligence (BI) service offering.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability or veteran status. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO.
- Develop, test, and maintain the code required to move data.
- Analyze source systems by querying data and understanding database table relationships to ensure data quality
- Conduct project-specific data analysis that includes analyzing and mapping required data and supporting all facets of the ETL Process.
- Design, develop and maintain logical and physical data models to meet new and changing business requirements
- Participate in the production on-call support rotation schedule for ETL processing and completion and provide non-business hour support, as required.
- Assist with the creation and maintenance of ETL specifications (e.g., source-to-target maps).
- Conduct performance tuning of the ETL process.
- Maintain documentation on procedures associated with this position.
- Support and administration of the technologies used for data movement (e.g. Informatica).
- Follow Industry trends to gain knowledge on development technologies
- Make technical recommendations based on best practices, internal policies and past experience Interact with business and information technology personnel.
- Assist with estimates for the ETL process and suggest improvements.
- Lead small project teams in technical specialty area(s) and act as liaison within larger project teams
Education and Experience
- Two years of progressively more responsible work experience in application development, database administration, or technical support.
- College course work which included Information Technology (IT), IT Management, or a closely related discipline may be substituted as follows:
- 60 semester hours or Associate's Degree equals one (1) year
- 90-120 semester hours or Bachelor's Degree equals two (2) years.
- Experience coding complex SQL.
- Proven experience conducting data analysis.
- Experience and knowledge of Data Warehousing initiatives, Decision Support Systems, or functional data areas in a higher education environment.
- Experience with an ETL tool and conducting Oracle SQL performance tuning.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated proficiency developing technical skills and performing problem solving.
- Demonstration of excellent technical, verbal and written communications skills and ability to multi-task within a team-oriented environment.
- Proficiency developing and supporting extract, transform, and load (ETL) processes.
- Knowledge on how to apply design methodologies, i.e., relational and dimensional data modeling to build data warehouse or data mart applications.
SALARY AND APPOINTMENT INFORMATION
This is a full-time Civil Service IT Technical Associate position appointed on a 12 month service basis. The expected start date is as soon as possible after April 15, 2021. Salary is commensurate with experience.
Applications must be received by April 15, 2021. Apply for this position using http://jobs.illinois.edu. If you have not applied before, you must create your candidate profile at http://jobs.illinois.edu. If you already have a profile, you will be redirected to that existing profile via email notification. To complete the application process:Step 1) Submit the Staff Vacancy Application.Step 2) Submit the Voluntary Self-Identification of Disability forms.Step 3) Upload the following documents:
In order to be considered as a transfer candidate, you must apply for this position using http://jobs.illinois.edu. Applications not submitted through this website will not be considered. For further information about this specific position, contact Melissa McMullen at [email protected] For questions about the application process, please contact 217-333-2137.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
The University of Illinois System requires candidates selected for hire to disclose any documented finding of sexual misconduct or sexual harassment and to authorize inquiries to current and former employers regarding findings of sexual misconduct or sexual harassment. For more information, visit Policy on Consideration of Sexual Misconduct in Prior EmploymentCollege Name or Administrative Unit:System Office Category:8-Technical Title:Data Modeler/ETL Developer (143726) Open Date:03/31/2021 Close Date:04/15/2021 Organization Name:AITS Admin