PATIENT SERVICE AIDE
Duke Primary Care is the largest primary care network in the greater Triangle area with family medicine and internal medicine providers, and pediatricians in 34 locations throughout the Triangle.
ATTN: This position is term-limited, and is expected to end as of 12 - 18 mos from date of hire. You will be provided at least 30 days notification in advance of the official position expiration date. Because this position is term-limited, you will not be eligible for severance under the reduction-in-force policy.
LOCATION: ARRINGDON/MORRISVILLE 27560
SCHEDULE: MONDAY-FRIDAY: 8A-5P
General Description of the Job Class
Perform COVID screenings for the Duke Primary Care.
Duties and Responsibilities of this Level
- Performs a variety of activities related to the screening of patients/visitors and employees.
- Greet and execute screening process for patient/visitors/employees at hospital and clinics as directed.
- Screeners are responsible for ensuring that the patients/visitors/employees are protected through the COVID screening process.
- The screener obtains relevant information as it pertains to patients/visitors and employees COVID symptoms and exposure status.
- Follow standard precautions and use personal protective equipment as required. Instructs patient/visitors and employees on the appropriate hand hygiene and masking expectations.
- Participate in own professional development by maintaining required skills validation and attending educational offerings.
- Perform other related duties incidental to work described herein
Work requires the ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions generally acquired through a partial high school education.
Bachelor's Degree preferred but not required
No experience needed
Degrees, Licensure, & Certifications
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Great Customer Service Skills
- Technology Savvy
- Microsoft Office Skills
- Must project Professionalism at all times
- Must be able to work with COVID patients
Distinguishing Characteristics of this Level
Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essentialjob functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.