Head Women's Basketball Coach
Job no: 498509
Department: Regl Student Services - Middletown Campus
Location: Middletown, OH
Work type: Salary Staff
Categories: Athletics, Recreation
Status: Part Time
Head Women's Basketball CoachJob Summary:
To administer women’s basketball program in accordance with the policies of Miami University, the Ohio Regional Campus Conference, the USCAA and other appropriate governing bodies.Duties/Physical Demands:
• Demonstrate effective coaching skills and provide an environment that is conducive to the overall development of student athletes.
• Know and comply with Ohio Regional Campus Conference league constitution, bylaws of the USCAA and campus policies.
• Establish and maintain good working relationships with campus personnel (i.e. admissions, financial aid, advising, etc.) in order to gain support, make referrals and provide better overall service to student athletes.
• Assist in promoting sports programs to the community, scheduling of games, and monitoring student athletes’ academic progress.
• Conduct and submit pre- and post-season inventory of equipment and uniforms; distribute and collect all uniforms and equipment.
• Complete eligibility forms, grade release forms, team roster, facility request forms, physical exams and risk agreements prior to the first game of the season.
• Report game scores and statistics immediately following every game to the local media contact persons.
• Assist in hiring an assistant coach as necessary to assist with these responsibilities and provide supervision for this position.
3-5 years’ experience coaching at the college and/or high school level and the ability to run successful practice sessions as well as proper game management.
This position is available to persons who are currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time and indefinite basis. (Persons authorized to work on such a basis include US citizens, lawful permanent residents (“green card” holders), asylees, refugees, and temporary residents under IRCA.)Desired Qualifications:
Consideration may be given to candidates with Bachelor's Degree; An understanding of the rules and policies of the NCAA; Network of contacts in primary recruiting areas.Special Instructions to Applicants:
Inquires can be sent to Cheryl Miller at [email protected]EO/AA Statement/Clery Act:
Miami University, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, encourages applications from minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Miami University prohibits harassment, discrimination and retaliation on the basis of age (40 years or older), color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, military status, national origin (ancestry), pregnancy, race, religion, sex/gender, status as a parent or foster parent, sexual orientation, or protected veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, programs or employment practices. Requests for reasonable accommodations for disabilities related to employment should be directed to [email protected] or 513-529-3560. As part of the University’s commitment to maintaining a healthy and safe living, learning, and working environment, we encourage you to read Miami University’s Annual Security & Fire Safety Report at: http://www.MiamiOH.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/index.html, which contains information about campus safety, crime statistics, and our drug and alcohol abuse and prevention program designed to prevent the unlawful possession, use, and distribution of drugs and alcohol on campus and at university events and activities. This report also contains information on programs and policies designed to prevent and address sexual violence, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking. Each year, email notification of this website is made to all faculty, staff, and enrolled students. Written notification is also provided to prospective students and employees. Hard copies of the Annual Security & Fire Safety Report may be obtained from the Miami University Police Department at (513) 529-2223.Date to Begin Screening Applicants:
Screening of applications will begin April 15, 2021 and continue until the position is filled.Benefits Eligible:
A criminal background check is required. All campuses are smoke- and tobacco-free campuses.
For questions regarding reasonable accommodations for disabilities, or to follow-up with a request, please contact [email protected] or (513) 529-3560.
Advertised: 01 Apr 2021 Eastern Daylight Time