Equestrian Intern Instructional
Job no: 498415
Department: Recreational Sports Center
Location: Oxford, OH
Work type: Salary Staff
Categories: Athletics, Recreation
Status: Full Time
Equestrian Intern InstructionalSalary/Grade:
$20,007Hours Per Week:
To assist in the care of the equestrian facilities and of the horses. To assist with instructing riding for the Equestrian Center,
Observing the principles of riding and making safety a priority. To assist with facility coverage and supervision of special events as needed.
• Required to perform duties with limited supervision
• Conducts daily safety assessments of the animals, facilities, and equipment, and recommend appropriate action.
• Assist grooms and student workers to facilitate day-to-day care of the horses and facility maintenance.
• Instruct KNH Classes and keep records for final grade submission
• Prepare all necessary paperwork to be turned into Director and KNH Department
• Responsible for the cleaning and maintenance of all tack and equipment
• Assist in the clipping, mane pulling, and other show-grooming and maintenance
• Maintain order and appearance of all Equestrian Center equipment
• Remain current and knowledgeable in all emergency procedures of the Equestrian Center and Recreational Sports Center.
• Implement policies and procedures for the equestrian program with emphasis on current risk management.
• Assist in the training and preparation of horses for lessons
• Keep up-to-date medication and supplement list as instructed by Director
• Responsible for minor medical treatment and continued special care for specific horses as needed
• Maintain barn cleanliness
• Teaching summer camp lessons and interactive tour demonstrations
• Assist Directors with all paperwork and filing
• File work lists/ horse lists weekly
• Organize and archive outdated facility documents; maintain archives of all important documents (including but not limited to invoices, team rosters, vet, work lists, horse lists)
• Assist Directors with various projects as needed, including but not limited to correspondence
• Give tours (interactive and prospective students)
• Assist in the supervision of events
• Assist with teaching, record keeping and possible travel for competitive collegiate equestrian athletes.
• Assist in facility maintenance to include arena maintenance and vehicle upkeep
• Completes other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree
• Previous participation in equestrian sports
• Strong communication and organizational skills
• College degree in related field.
• CPR and First Aid Certification
• Previous training and instructional experience in equestrian sports.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Add required knowledge skills and abilities here
EO/AA Statement/Clery Act:
Miami University, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, encourages applications from minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Miami University prohibits harassment, discrimination and retaliation on the basis of age (40 years or older), color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, military status, national origin (ancestry), pregnancy, race, religion, sex/gender, status as a parent or foster parent, sexual orientation, or protected veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, programs or employment practices. Requests for reasonable accommodations for disabilities related to employment should be directed to [email protected] or 513-529-3560. As part of the University’s commitment to maintaining a healthy and safe living, learning, and working environment, we encourage you to read Miami University’s Annual Security & Fire Safety Report at: http://www.MiamiOH.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/index.html, which contains information about campus safety, crime statistics, and our drug and alcohol abuse and prevention program designed to prevent the unlawful possession, use, and distribution of drugs and alcohol on campus and at university events and activities. This report also contains information on programs and policies designed to prevent and address sexual violence, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking. Each year, email notification of this website is made to all faculty, staff, and enrolled students. Written notification is also provided to prospective students and employees. Hard copies of the Annual Security & Fire Safety Report may be obtained from the Miami University Police Department at (513) 529-2223.Benefits Eligible:
A criminal background check is required. All campuses are smoke- and tobacco-free campuses.
For questions regarding reasonable accommodations for disabilities, or to follow-up with a request, please contact [email protected] or (513) 529-3560.
Advertised: 01 Apr 2021 Eastern Daylight Time