Soc/Clin Research Assistant
Permanent Staff (SHRA)Is this an internal only recruitment?:
Soc/Clin Research Assistant - AdvancedWorking Title:
Soc/Clin Research AssistantPosition Number:
P012555Budgeted Hiring Range:
$48,007 - $63,348Pay Band Information:
To learn more about the pay band for this branch and role, please see the Career Banding rates spreadsheet.Salary Grade Equivalent:
Full-Time Time-LimitedIf time-limited, estimated duration of appointment:
1 yearHours per week:
Monday – Friday (8am – 5pm)Department Name and Number:
Peds-Hematology/Oncology-412011Date First Posted:
Chapel Hill, NCPosition Posting Category:
Research ProfessionalsDepartment Description:
The mission of the UNC Pediatric Hematology-Oncology Program is to treat and cure children and adolescents with cancer and blood diseases through participation in both national and locally designed treatment protocols. The program has active inpatient and outpatient services and an accredited fellowship program in Pediatric Hematology-Oncology. In addition to on-site clinical activities, physicians see patients in an outreach setting through Area Health Education Center (AHEC) clinics in Wilmington. In Chapel Hill, multidisciplinary clinics are dedicated to patients with hemophilia, sickle cell disease, brain tumors, late effects of anticancer therapy, and general hematology/oncology. These clinics are staffed with social workers, psychologists, school teachers and other pediatric subspecialist in addition to the major oncology specialties (chemotherapists; radiation oncologists; general, orthopedic, and neuro-surgeons; nurses).Equal Opportunity Employer:
The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, race, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or status as a protected veteran.Position Description:
This position directly supports the diverse clinical research activities of the UNC Children’s Research Institute through participation in multiple research projects. The primary purpose of this position is to coordinate and manage clinical trials. Duties will include patient recruitment, study procedures, administration of survey/questionnaires and data collection and maintenance. This position will negotiate responsibilities based on protocols currently underway and those in development. Other responsibilities include the initiation and maintenance of IRB and other regulatory procedures.Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
Bachelor’s degree; or equivalent combination of training and experience. All degrees must be received from appropriately accredited institutions.Essential Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
• Must have experience conducting research studies
• Must have knowledge of HSP, GCP, FDA, CFR, study activation (IRB, scientific committees, SIV, DOAs), process for shipping biospecimens (IATA, ISSG)
• Must have experience completing data entry responding to queries from sponsors.
• Must have strong computer skills such as experience working with SharePoint (or other cloud-based systems), EMRs (ex: EPIC), and Adobe Pro.
- It is strongly preferred that the selected candidate has ACRP or SOCRA certification.
- Experience in Phase I, II, II clinical studies strongly preferred as well as Pediatric Oncology experience and familiarity with the Children’s Oncology Group.
- Candidate should have excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to interact with clinical investigators, laboratory, study sponsors, IRB, Office of Clinical Trials, and support staff.
- Candidate should have an understanding of medical terminology with the ability to extract information and summarize patient data.
- Experience conducting research studies, preferably therapeutic trials in the healthcare setting.