Lynn University is an innovative, global and personalized college based in Boca Raton, Florida. Our 3,000 students are from approximately 100 countries. Our NCAA Division II Fighting Knights athletics program has won 25 national championships (and counting!)
Lynn is one of the top colleges to work for in the nation, according to a survey by the Great College to Work For program. We are an Honor Roll institution with accolades in 10 categories, including compensation and benefits, confidence in senior leadership, job satisfaction and support, and teaching environment.
As a Lynn employee, you will help us build a better world with our students. Lynn is currently accepting applications for the position of electrician.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs skilled tasks efficiently in relation to the assemblage, installation, diagnosis, corrective repair and preventative maintenance of all electrical systems at Lynn University. Must have thorough knowledge of circuits up to 480volts and have advance experience in trouble- shooting problems with controls, motors and switchboards
- Responsible for build-out of offices.
- Must be able to read blueprints and work from them.
- Have knowledge of NEC Code Book.
- Responsible for daily upkeep of all exterior and interior lighting at Lynn University.
- Responsible for stockroom and making sure there is a sufficient supply of stock to complete work orders.
- Inspects and maintains systems and equipment according to manufacturer's recommendations and department standards.
- Work will be assigned through Work Order system or Supervisor.
- Communicates daily using a two-way radio, in order to respond to work-related routine and emergency information.
- Ensures proper care in the use and maintenance of equipment and supplies.
- Performs housekeeping duties to maintain a clean, uncluttered, and safe work environment.
- With or without assistance, must be able to frequently lift and carry equipment and job-related materials weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Requires the ability to work in trenches, manholes and wet environments.
- Must be able to climb ladders and stairs, use ramps and work from scaffolds above ground level.
- Designated as a Primary Employee during Natural Disasters.
- Contributes to a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and development of skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Journeyman's License
- One year certificate from college or technical school; or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Lynn University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, age, pregnancy, parenting status, veteran status or retirement status in its activities and programs. In accordance with Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Lynn University does not discriminate on the basis of sex. Inquiries concerning the application of the non-discrimination policy may be directed to the Lynn University Compliance Officer/Title IX Coordinator at 3601 N. Military Trail, Boca Raton, FL 33431, [email protected], or +1 561-237-7727; or to the U.S. Department of Education Office for Civil Rights.
Lynn University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award baccalaureate, master's and doctoral degrees. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call +1 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Lynn University. 2020 Lynn University
Americans with Disabilities Act
Please notify us at least five days in advance if a reasonable accommodation for a disability is needed by calling +1 561-237-7639.The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
In compliance with the Clery Act, the University annually provides a report to each student and current employee, as well as to prospective employees and students, that provides a detailed disclosure of information regarding campus security practices (including Emergency Response Plan, Timely Warnings, Emergency Warnings, Missing Persons, fire safety policies, fire prevention data, and Crime Log policies), as well as crime and fire-related incident statistics for the preceding year. The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at lynn.edu/securityreportFor your health, Lynn University is now smoke- and tobacco-free.