Coordinator of Records - Commencement and Degree Conferral
OFFICE PROFILE: The Office of the Registrar originates and maintains official records of student files and transcripts, verifies eligibility of students for athletics, registration, and graduation
ROLE: Plan, organize and maintain records of Student Graduation. Monitor and interpret Graduation policies and procedures. All activities of this position are to contribute to the fulfillment of the mission and vision of Concordia University Irvine.APPOINTMENT:
- Recommended by the Registrar
- Approved by the Executive Vice President/Provost
- Reports to the Director of Graduate Programs and Degree Audit Systems
- Interacts and functions cooperatively with other department and campus personnel as needed
- Manages the graduation and certificate application process for all students (creates, distributes, and receives applications for graduation and tracks all undergraduate students completing degree requirements outside of the institution.
- Audits and awards all degrees and certificates. Maintains communication with applied students who did not successfully complete all degree requirements.Coordinates activities for all Grad Fests and all commencement ceremonies.
- Provides relevant student information and proofs programs for all commencement ceremonies. Provides candidates for Outstanding Graduate, Commencement Responder, Departmental Awards, Latin Honors and Honors Scholars to the appropriate offices.Assists in the planning and execution of the Academic Achievement Ceremony with the Office of the Provost.
- Serves as a member of the Graduation Committee and aids in commencement planning and execution.
- Communicates with graduation applicants on upcoming events and eligibility.
- Orders graduation related materials (diplomas, certificates, all academic regalia, etc.). Works closely with Admissions and Academic Advising personnel on transferability for re-admitted students near degree completion.
- Performs Financial Aid degree audits under special circumstances.
- Other duties may be assigned.
A bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university; or one or two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Experience with Student Information Systems (Banner, Peoplesoft,)Typing and computer skills, knowledge of MS Office Suite (including Access) is preferable
- Advanced knowledge of Excel
- Ability to work with accuracy and diligence
- Ability to maintain confidentiality Patience and sensitivity to deal with studentsAbility to work with limited supervision
- Problem solving and sound judgement
- Ability to learn new software
- Ability to work limited evenings and Saturdays
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret university policies, procedures, educational publications, synodical publications, and governmental procedures
- Ability to write reports and correspondence
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from other staff, faculty, administration, students, families and the general public
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimalsAbility to compute rate, ratio and percent
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
Attitude and Demeanor:
- Exemplify the Christian philosophy of the Concordia University Irvine mission statement in all aspects of day-to- day duties and responsibilities Communicate warmth, understanding and helpfulness when interacting with students, staff, faculty and the general public
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with all who come into contact with this department
- Exhibit a cheerful, positive, loyal, team-member attitude toward the purposes, programs, policies and goals of the university
- Respect lines of communications Maintain confidentiality on matters pertaining to this office and the campus as a wholeConstantly strive to improve performance
- Formulate goals and objectives and expect to be evaluated upon them
Employees are responsible for complete cooperation with all aspects of the safety and health program, including compliance with all rules and regulations, and for continuously practicing safety while performing their duties.PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Repetitive motions sitting at a computer keyboard
- Rising and sitting repeatedly
- Climbing stairs and walking to other offices Ability to lift, pull, grasp, stoop, and reach to utilize 5-drawer file cabinetsAbility to lift or move up to 50 lbs.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. It includes office equipment, such as phones, computers and copy machines.
Full Job Description Concordia University - Irvine Cahttps://cui.applicantpro.com