Manager, Student Tuition Services
Manager, Student Tuition ServicesRequisition Number:
Reporting to the Director, the Manager, Student Tuition Services is a vital member of the Student Tuition Services Office leadership team. This position is responsible for the development and implementation of the department’s collections strategy, analysis and reporting, as well as managing the collections process and procedures. The Manager provides leadership in the implementation and oversight of student tuition billing, payment plans, and collection of tuition and fees; ensuring compliance with Federal Title IV regulations, the College’s internal controls, and the Student Tuition Services Office policies and procedures.Specific Responsibilities:
• Development and implementation of the department’s collections strategy, analysis, and reporting, as well as managing collections process and procedures.
• Assist the Director in the design, coordination, implementation, and maintenance of vendor products and services (i.e. online payment processors and collections agencies).
• Assess, recommend, and implement strategies to improve program effectiveness, customer service, and operational performance.
• Manage, develop, and evaluate direct reports to maximize performance.
• Audit financial transactions such as student AR cashiering sessions to ensure accuracy of work performed by staff.
• Provide leadership in human resource issues related to direct reports such as hiring, performance reviews, and disciplinary action, as needed.
• Manage the student tuition payment plan program including setting up, testing, and promotion; provide accurate reporting upon request.
• Manage the department’s student billing functions.
• Ensure compliance with Federal Title IV regulations, the College’s internal controls, and the Student Tuition Services Office policies and procedures.
• Audit the integrity of the financial aid student bookstore credit feeds to student accounts and general ledger.
• Assist the Director in collaboration with various departments, such as ITS, Financial Aid, Records and Registration, Admissions, and Student Life, for the continuous improvement of student account programs and processes.
• Maintain up-to-date documentation of processes and procedures related to areas of responsibility.
• Serve as a member of the Director’s leadership team. When appropriate, represent the Director in College meetings and committees.
• Interact with students in person, by e-mail, or phone to answer questions concerning their accounts.
• Deliver quality customer service to both internal and external constituents in a professional, helpful and courteous manner.
• Participate in Banner Student system upgrade testing and implementation, as needed.
• Perform other duties as assigned.Minimum Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field required. Any and all degrees must be from a recognized institutional accreditor.
• Five (5) years of customer accounts experience required.
• Three (3) years prior supervisory experience required.
• Experience utilizing an enterprise-wide software system required.
• Experience with query reporting systems required.
• Strong computer proficiency in MS Word and Excel required.
• Ability to multi-task with changing priorities required.
• Strong analytical, organizational, and time management skills required.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule, as needed, is required.
• Ability to maintain sensitivity, respect, and understanding for a diverse academic environment, inclusive of students, faculty, and staff of varying social, economic, cultural, ideological and ethnic backgrounds.Preferred Qualifications:
• Master’s degree preferred.
• Five (5) years of customer accounts experience in a higher education environment is preferred.
• Banner (by Ellucian) environment preferred.
• Experience with Tableau and ARGOS reporting systems is preferred.
• Financial administrative experience in higher education is preferred.
• Knowledge of Title IV Financial Aid requirements strongly preferred.Work Location:
Main CampusSpecial Instructions to Applicants:
*Interested persons should complete an online application.
*Cover letter of interest and resume REQUIRED.
*Names and contact information of 3 professional references OPTIONAL
Review of applications will commence on April 21, 2021 and will continue until the position is filled.
Applicants must be legally eligible to work in the U.S.
Community College of Philadelphia is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity and Equal Access Employer. The College encourages applications from individuals from traditionally underrepresented groups.Salary Grade or Rank:
Salary commensurate with relevant experienceJob Posting Open Date:
03/31/2021Type of Position:
AdministratorEmployment Status :