Manager, Benefits - Voluntary & Retirement Plans
Responsibilities & Duties
- Maintain in-depth knowledge and expertise in employee benefits, monitor and make recommendations on pending legislative actions with impact on benefits, conduct benefits research, serve as the subject matter expert on benefit queries and issues.
- Provide leadership, training and support to benefits team, with a focus on driving high performance, development, and professional growth.
- Collaborate effectively with internal and external business partners (HR, Legal, Payroll, Finance, Auditors, Vendors) to ensure service excellence; provide accurate and timely information in response to inquiries and issues.
- Support Investment Plan & Administrative Committee (IPAC) through drafting of quarterly meeting agendas and meeting minutes, and the monitoring of administrative and investment follow-ups.
- Develop and continuously improve the effectiveness of benefits programs, processes and policies.
- Develop and deploy employee benefits communications and educational campaigns.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable government regulations, plan audits, required filings and appeals.
- Work with finance team on required budgeting and financial reporting including ledger reconciliations and managing of funding requests.
- Create administrative guides, update and amend plan documents, investment policy statements, and summary plan descriptions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience
- A Bachelor's degree.
- Minimum of 7 years of managing retirement plans and other benefits.
- Must have excellent analytical skills and the ability to perform cost and financial analysis.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) skills; must be able to present complex information effectively and in a clear, concise manner.
- Excellent interpersonal, organization, and project management skills.
- Must be adept at working with benefits/payroll systems, such as Oracle Cloud, ADP, SAP, WorkDay.
Title IX Contact Information
Federal Title IX policy requires that all colleges and universities make known the contact information for the person responsible for coordinating its efforts to comply with Title IX responsibilities. At DePaul University, the Title IX Coordinator is Kathryn Statz. Her office is located in Lincoln Park on the 3rd floor of the Student Center, 2250 N. Sheffield Avenue. She can be reached at 312-362-8970, or [email protected]
DePaul University is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, genetic information or any other legally protected status, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local EEO laws.