Coordinator I, Multimedia & Communications-Title III-Grant-Funded
Job Title: Coordinator I, Multimedia & Communications-Title III-Grant-Funded
Location: LSC-University Park
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 34566
Commitment to Mission
This job carries with it the obligation to uphold the Mission of Lone Star College (LSC) in carrying out the duties of the position. A commitment to positive interpersonal behaviors, professional communication, diversity, integrity, leadership, stewardship, respect and accountability to LSC students and employees is essential.
- One LSC
- Student Focused
- Own It
- Advance Equity
- Cultivate Community
- Choose Learning
The Chronicle of Higher Education’s “Great Colleges to Work For” is designed to recognize colleges that have been successful in creating great workplaces and to further research and understanding of the factors, dynamics and influences that have the most impact on organizational culture at higher education institutions.
Lone Star College was recognized in five areas: Confidence in Senior Leadership; Diversity; Facilities, Workspace & Security; Job Satisfaction; and Work/Life Balance.Campus Marketing Statement
Lone Star College-University Park
Lone Star College offers high-quality, affordable academic transfer and career training education to 99,000 students each semester. LSC is training tomorrow’s workforce today and redefining the community college experience to support student success. Stephen C. Head, Ph.D., serves as chancellor of LSC, the largest institution of higher education in the Houston area with an annual economic impact of nearly $3 billion.
LSC, which consists of seven colleges, ten centers, two university centers, Lone Star Corporate College and LSC-Online, is continuously named Great Colleges to Work For by the Chronicle of Higher Education. To learn more, visit LoneStar.edu.
Founded in 2010, LSC-University Park is located on a 71-acre campus that includes the comprehensive Lone Star College campus along with Lone Star Corporate College, the LSC-Energy & Manufacturing Center, multiple university partners, a charter high school, several commercial tenants and much more creating the college of the future. LSC-UP’s vision is to be nationally recognized as the model for the innovative college of the 21st century. LSC-UP’s “Invitation to Innovate” (i2i) has resulted in local, national and international awards and recognitions, including one patent.
Campus address is 20515 SH 249 (TX 249 and Louetta Road), Houston, TX 77070.Job Description
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
This position will provide Multimedia and Communications coordination for the Title III Grant supporting the Success Accelerator Model and Career Accelerator Model, as well as the Professional Development Focus Center and other grant related programs Responsible for creating custom reports for early alerts and nudges, tracking data, drafting communications, and frontloading the IntelliResponse Software. This position will work with the LSC-UP web coordinator to ensure content is updated, accurate and engaging. It will work as part of the College Relations Office to ensure all communication efforts relating to the grant meet college brand standards. This position will be trained in PowerBI, and other data analytical software. This is a temporary, grant-funded position for 5 years. Continuation of the position thereafter is dependent upon continued funding.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Facilitate daily operations of data and marketing for Title III. Maintain records. Maintain current knowledge base of assigned area and acts as a point of contact for internal and external customersResponsible for creating custom reports for early alerts and nudgesCoordinate with the graphic designers to create campus marketing materials and keep records of all print advertising; and assist with the creation of new marketing initiatives and assist increating a marketing plan in order to meet the changing needs of the college as well as using design programs to create and update marketing materialsDevelop digital and other (signage, flyers, social media) marketing materials to promote CODE, Success and Career Accelerator; Maintain project website, calendar of eventsMay make presentations at various levels both internally and externallyResponsible for compliance with policies, procedures and a variety of local, state and federal regulations. Makes and communicates process decisions based on best practicesCoordinates various department and management calendars and schedules. Assists with planning, schedules and coordinates various meetings/seminars/events, including site selection and preparation, marketing and training materials, and general supportProvide marketing activities focused on student population to promote via face to face interactions, participation at activity fairsAssists with entering and tracking the department budgetTakes part in special projects as neededResponsible for other reasonable related duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Strong attention to accuracy and detail
- Excellent knowledge of general office and softwareapplications; preferred knowledge of graphic design software, including InDesign and Photoshop
- Preferred: background in working in web content management systems (CMS)
- Ability to prepare and analyze reports
- Possesses good organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize duties
- High level of customer service
The work is sedentary. Typically, the employee sits comfortably to do the work. However, there may be some walking; standing; bending; carrying of light items, such as papers, books, or small parts; or driving an automobile. No special physical demands are required to perform the work.
WORK SCHEDULE & CONDITIONS:
- Equipment used includes, PC workstation running on a LAN in a Microsoft Windows environment, calculator, phone and other general office equipment
- Interface with internal and external contacts as needed to carry out the functions of the position
- Work is performed in a climate-controlled office with minimal exposure to safety hazards
- Associate’s degree and at least 1 year of related work experience, or an equivalentcombination of education and experience
Hiring salary range is $37,270 to $42,861.
Lone Star College provides a hiring salary range for all posted full-time non-faculty positions. Where your salary offer would fall in that range is determined by your related experience and education. Should you receive an offer of employment from Lone Star College, the resume submitted in the application process will be utilized to calculate your salary offer. The information outlined below will provide the Office of Human Resources everything needed to determine an accurate starting salary.
Your resume should provide a complete picture of your work experience. The resume should include the following information for each position listed:
- Length of time (specific months and years) of employment
- If the position was full time or part time
- If the position was paid or unpaid
- Unofficial transcript for highest earned degree
Additionally, any certifications listed as required or preferred in the Lone Star College job description should be included in the resume submitted.Benefits Marketing Statement
By joining our top-notch institution, you will enjoy being a part of an organization that offers a supportive, collegial work environment and excellent work/life balance. This includes a full comprehensive and competitive benefits package, a generous number of paid holidays and vacation days, wellness programs, tuition waiver, professional development opportunities and more.Special Instructions
Go to the Job Search page, click on ‘My Activities’ at the top of the page. Under My Cover Letters and Attachments you will click on ‘Add Attachment.’ Please be sure to put the Job ID# in the title once you name your file for cover letters only, unless you attached your cover letter with your resume.
If you are applying for an Instructional position (i.e. Faculty, Adjunct Faculty, Instructor), please ensure you include the following to be considered: Resume/CV, Cover Letter, Teaching Philosophy, and unofficial transcripts.
You must limit your file name for any attachment to 40 characters or less.How to Apply
ALL APPLICANTS MUST APPLY ONLINE ONLY
We will not accept application material received via fax, email, mail, or hand delivered.
Postings for part-time and adjunct positions are active for the academic year. By selecting the option to receive notifications on your profile, you will begin receiving electronic communication regarding new opportunities with Lone Star College (LSC).
If selected for an interview, a recruiter will contact you by phone, or email to schedule an interview.
Lone Star College participates in the E-Verify program, under which Lone Star College provides the federal government with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm that the employee is authorized to work in the United States.
More information on the E-Verify program is available at www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
Lone Star College is an EEO Employer. All positions are subject to a criminal background check.