Part-Time Tutor, Radiologic Technology-AS Level I
Job Title: Part-Time Tutor, Radiologic Technology-AS Level I
Full/Part Time: Part-Time
Job ID: 34516
Commitment to Mission
This job carries with it the obligation to uphold the Mission of Lone Star College (LSC) in carrying out the duties of the position. A commitment to positive interpersonal behaviors, professional communication, diversity, integrity, leadership, stewardship, respect and accountability to LSC students and employees is essential.
- One LSC
- Student Focused
- Own It
- Advance Equity
- Cultivate Community
- Choose Learning
The Chronicle of Higher Education’s “Great Colleges to Work For” is designed to recognize colleges that have been successful in creating great workplaces and to further research and understanding of the factors, dynamics and influences that have the most impact on organizational culture at higher education institutions.
Lone Star College was recognized in five areas: Confidence in Senior Leadership; Diversity; Facilities, Workspace & Security; Job Satisfaction; and Work/Life Balance.Campus Marketing Statement
Lone Star College-Montgomery
Lone Star College offers high-quality, affordable academic transfer and career training education to 99,000 students each semester. LSC is training tomorrow’s workforce today and redefining the community college experience to support student success. Stephen C. Head, Ph.D., serves as chancellor of LSC, the largest institution of higher education in the Houston area with an annual economic impact of nearly $3 billion.
LSC, which consists of seven colleges, ten centers, two university centers, Lone Star Corporate College and LSC-Online, is continuously named Great Colleges to Work For by the Chronicle of Higher Education. To learn more, visit LoneStar.edu.
Lone Star College–Montgomery, the premiere student-centered educational institution in Montgomery County, serves The Woodlands and Conroe communities. LSC–Montgomery provides a relaxing and conducive learning atmosphere while offering leisure learning opportunities, individual classes, and unique programs such as radiologic technology, physical therapy, and biotechnology.
Campus address is 3200 College Park Drive, Conroe, TX 77384.Job Description
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Tutors and instructs students and community members who need learning assistance in assigned discipline(s) and study skills. Primary responsibilities include providing tutoring and related services, and providing an atmosphere that is conducive to and encourages learning. Responsible for the general areas of student academic support, institutional service, and professional development.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Effectively delivers tutoring services to students at scheduled times (may be individual or group sessions). Posts and maintains a weekly schedule of available hours for student appointments
- Assists students with the development of study skills necessary for post-secondary education
- Keeps regular and accurate records of tutoring sessions
- Monitors and reviews student work. Modifies and personalizes tutoring strategies to accommodate the different learning styles and needs
- Facilitates the learning process by encouraging students to take responsibility for their progress
- Interacts with LSC staff and/or faculty to obtain any necessary course syllabi or materials, and to develop tutoring materials in support of the course
- Delivers feedback as appropriate to staff and/or faculty regarding student progress
- Continues professional education through research and review of relevant material relating to the assigned subject matter
- May assist with additional duties as needed, for example, covering the Courtesy Counter, answering phones, organizing materials, checking out resources, and performing other duties as assigned
- Completes and submits required documents in an accurate and timely manner
- Actively participates in departmental meetings as required
- Responsible for other reasonable, related duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated proficiency in Medical Radiologic Technology subject matter
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written
- Commitment to quality service to students
- Commitment to multi-cultural and multi-generational diversity
- Ability and commitment to work collaboratively
- Ability to work independently with little direct or continuous supervision
The work is sedentary. Typically, the employee sits comfortably to do the work; however, there may be some walking; standing; bending; carrying of light items, such as papers, books, or small parts; manipulating medical imaging equipment. No special physical demands are required to perform the work.
WORK SCHEDULE AND CONDITIONS:
- Equipment used includes: Medical Radiologic Technology equipment, PC workstation(s) running on a LAN in a Microsoft Windows environment, calculator, phone and other general office equipment
- Interfaces with internal and external contacts as needed to carry out the functions of the position
- Work is performed in a climate-controlled office with minimal exposure to safety hazards
- Associate degree or higher
- Must be a graduate of a JRCERT accredited program in Medical Radiologic Technology
- Must hold an American Registry of Radiologic Technologist (ARRT) current registration/certification in Radiography
- Must Hold a valid TMB License in Medical Radiologic Technology
- Bachelor’s degree in Medical Radiologic Technology
- At least one year of clinical experience in the professional discipline
- Tutor certification
Hourly Pay Rate is $12.73.Benefits Marketing Statement
By joining our top-notch institution, you will enjoy being a part of an organization that offers a supportive, collegial work environment, excellent work/life balance, tuition waiver, participation in a tax deferred retirement plan and more.Special Instructions
Go to the Job Search page, click on ‘My Activities’ at the top of the page. Under My Cover Letters and Attachments you will click on ‘Add Attachment.’ Please be sure to put the Job ID# in the title once you name your file for cover letters only, unless you attached your cover letter with your resume.
If you are applying for an Instructional position (i.e. Faculty, Adjunct Faculty, Instructor), please ensure you include the following to be considered: Resume/CV, Cover Letter, Teaching Philosophy, and unofficial transcripts.
You must limit your file name for any attachment to 40 characters or less.How to Apply
ALL APPLICANTS MUST APPLY ONLINE ONLY
We will not accept application material received via fax, email, mail, or hand delivered.
Postings for part-time and adjunct positions are active for the academic year. By selecting the option to receive notifications on your profile, you will begin receiving electronic communication regarding new opportunities with Lone Star College (LSC).
If selected for an interview, a recruiter will contact you by phone, or email to schedule an interview.
Lone Star College participates in the E-Verify program, under which Lone Star College provides the federal government with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm that the employee is authorized to work in the United States.
More information on the E-Verify program is available at www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
Lone Star College is an EEO Employer. All positions are subject to a criminal background check.