Academic HR Analyst
Academic HR Analyst Job Number Full/Part Time Schedule Salary 22886236 Full Time 8AM - 5PM $50,000 - $98,600 Position Information Under the general direction of the Department Financial and Administrative Officer (FAO) and in consultation with the Shared Service Center in the Bourns College of Engineering, this position provides academic personnel and payroll support in the Department of Computer Science and Engineering. The Department of Computer Science and Engineering has the largest Graduate and Undergraduate Student population on campus and it is continuing to grow. Provide ongoing analytical and technical support for 38 faculty, 10 Continuing Lecturers, 350 Graduate Students and 20 Staff, including Student Workers. Provide analysis, implementation, evaluation, and recommendation of new and existing system-wide and local policies, procedures, and guidelines. Please note: The budgeted hiring range for this position is up to $75,000. Education Education Requirements Degree Requirement Bachelor's degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training. Required
Experience Experience Requirement 2 - 4 years of related experience. Required
Minimum Requirements Knowledge of human resources management systems and other related business software programs and systems.
Demonstrated organization, problem solving and communication skills.
Knowledge of organization, college and departmental formal and informal policies and procedures and understanding of variances to stated policies.
Analytical skills to conduct analysis and develop recommendations to Chairs/unit management.
Basic knowledge of and ability to apply/interpret organization and college policies and procedures which govern academic HR.
Knowledge of unit academic culture and educational goals of discipline(s) served.
Preferred Qualifications Additional Information In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities' air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history, and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- UC Riverside is proud to be ranked No. 12 among all U.S. universities, according to Money Magazine's 2020 rankings, and among the top 1 percent of universities worldwide, according to the 2019-20 Center for World University rankings.
- UC Riverside is the top university in the United States for social mobility. - U.S. News 2020
- UCR is a member of the University Innovation Alliance, the leading national coalition of public research universities committed to improving student success for low-income, first-generation, and students of color.
- Among top-tier universities, UC Riverside ranks No. 2 in financial aid. - Business Insider 2019
- Ranked No. 2 in the world for research, UCR's Department of Entomology maintains one of the largest collections of insect specimens the nation. - Center for World University Rankings
- UCR's distinguished faculty boasts 2 Nobel Laureates, and 13 members of the National Academies of Science and Medicine.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer with a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview Job Description Details View complete Job Description for this position