CustodianUniversity Pay Plan Title:
Student CenterRecruitment Type:
Open to AllJob Type:
$1,900Job Category :
Non-ExemptRequired Qualifications: Applicants must specifically address how they meet these required qualifications to meet the requirements of the position.:
1. Knowledge of common cleaning methods and techniques.
2. Knowledge of uses, characteristics and application of cleaning materials, tools and equipment including floor equipment; use and maintenance of tools and equipment; measure and mix chemical cleaners.
3. Ability to understand, write and carry out written and verbal instructions, work assignments, schedules, training materials and conduct basic, everyday conversations in English for work related purposes.
4. Work a full shift on regular basis, irregular shifts, as scheduled including nights, weekends and as needed, must be punctual; complete work on schedule per established procedures or required standards.
5. Perform all physical aspects of assigned duties, including stooping, reaching, climbing and lifting up to 50 pounds.
6. Ability to work without direct supervision, team playerPreferred Qualifications:
1. Knowledge of safety practices related to work assignments, including correct lifting techniques and proper mixing and use of hazardous cleaning solvents.
2. Experience in educational environment.
3. 1 year custodial experience.Job Description:
Responsible for enhancing the physical appearance of the buildings on campus by providing a sanitary environment and preventing the transmission of disease carrying microorganisms.Job Duties:
Empty trash and throw into dumpster.
Clean and disinfect sinks and bathrooms and restock paper products.
Vacuum carpets and dust offices.
Perform hard floor care.
Clean lobbies, common areas, study rooms, laundries, offices, furniture, chalk and writing boards, and light fixtures.
Secure buildings, entrances, exits, interior doors, custodial closets, storage rooms, etc.
Clean kitchen, operate dishwasher, refrigerator, and replace dishes in cabinet.
Remove old wax and polish vinyl tile floors.
Maintain supplies, keys, equipment, and custodial closet.
Polish vinyl floors with buffer in areas of heavy traffic.
Clean according to procedures.
Count soiled linen and prepare list of items.
Perform other duties as assigned.
May have to work occasional weekend shifts as needed.Job Open Date:
03/31/2021Open Until Filled:
YesNormal Work Days:
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, FridayNormal Work Hours Start:
2:00PMNormal Work Hours End:
Applicant must pass the physical skills assessment relevant to the job posting title requirements.Legal and Required Notices:
Texas State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, committed to inclusive thought and action in support of our diverse community. Individuals from historically underrepresented groups and all those who share our commitment to inclusivity and passion for the strength of our diversity are strongly encouraged to apply.
Employment with Texas State University is contingent upon the outcome of record checks and verifications including criminal history, driving records, education records, employment verifications, reference checks, and employment eligibility verifications.
Texas State University is a tobacco-free campus. Smoking and the use of any tobacco product will not be allowed anywhere on Texas State property or in university owned or leased vehicles.
Texas State University is a member of the Texas State University System. Texas State University is an EOE.
Texas State is committed to increasing the number of women and minorities in administrative and professional positions.
• Amazing health insurance: various coverage options starting your first day of employment for full-time employees with Texas State paying 100% of the employee premium and 50% for your dependents!
• Generous paid time off: vacation, holidays, sick days and many more!
• Excellent work life balance resources: mother and family-friendly resources in addition to a comprehensive FREE wellness program
• Great training and development opportunities: choose from a variety of classroom and online course offerings, learning resources, certifications, and employee educational support programs.
• An inclusive Bobcat community: join our many social networks offered on and off-campus
• Retirement peace of mind: TRS pension, retirement plans and voluntary saving options with generous employer contributions
By joining the Texas State Bobcat team, you’ll be a part of one of the most beautiful, diverse, and growing universities in the nation.