Crew Supv, Custodians
Custodial Crew SupervisorUniversity Pay Plan Title:
Crew Supv, CustodiansLocation:
Dept of Housing and Residential LifeRecruitment Type:
Open to AllJob Type:
$3,000-$3,250Job Category :
Non-ExemptRequired Qualifications: Applicants must specifically address how they meet these required qualifications to meet the requirements of the position.:
• Previous experience supervising custodial operations.
• Previous experience hiring and training staff.
• Ability to determine the correct cleaning methodology and/or technology for desired results.
• Ability to work in a team-oriented environment.
• Ability to establish rapport with a variety of clients, interact with customers, mediate employee disputes both orally and written in English.
• PC computer skills with word processing, email, spreadsheets and computerized record keeping.
• Knowledge of HazCom principles to include HazCom, Right to Know, SDS, Lifting Techniques, etc.
• Ability to perform all custodial duties to assist subordinate staff; the team; the department and university.
• Experience working in an Higher Education environment
• Experience coordinating custodial services in student housing facilities.
• Experience with MS Word, Excel, Access, and Outlook.
• Experience with Committees and/or departmental representation.
• Experience purchasing supplies and equipment.
• Two or more years of experience planning, organizing, directing, and supervising assigned staff.
• Demonstrated success in team building and employee recognition.
• Successful experience mediating employee conflicts.
• Bilingual Spanish/English
Responsible for planning, organizing, directing, and supervising the operations of an area of campus for Housing Facilities Services-Custodial Services to ensure clean, safe, and sanitized facilities.Job Duties:
• Direct supervision of Head Custodian staff members and indirect supervision of custodial staff members.
• Maintain equipment inventory and assessment for assigned area, submitting recommended equipment replacement requests annually.
• Receive and process supply and equipment requests for facilities in assigned area and coordinate the delivery of supplies to each facility.
• Maintain and coordinate key inventories and audits for Head Custodians. Submit monthly key audit results to Associate Director – HFS.
• Complete and maintain documentation and work records for performance evaluations, commendations, discipline, training, inspection, safety reports, inventory and supply orders, work orders, time keeping, and implementation of department and university policy and procedures.
• Review and assist in development of building work schedules encompassing daily, weekly, quarterly, semester and annual events.
• Assist with interviews, selection, and training of custodial staff members.
• Ability to perform all physical aspects of assigned duties, including stooping, reaching, climbing and lifting up to 30 pounds.
• Valid Texas Driver’s license
• Must be able to work occasional irregular work hours including evenings, weekends, and holidays as well as serving “on-call” to meet the needs of the department and the university.
03/31/2021Job Close Date (posting closes at midnight):
04/14/2021Open Until Filled:
NoNormal Work Days:
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, FridayNormal Work Hours Start:
8:00AMNormal Work Hours End:
Applicant must have a valid Texas Driver's License and be a driver in good standing with less than ten (10) points deducted for driving infractions as determined by the employer driving standards system., Applicant must pass the physical skills assessment relevant to the job posting title requirements.Legal and Required Notices:
Texas State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, committed to inclusive thought and action in support of our diverse community. Individuals from historically underrepresented groups and all those who share our commitment to inclusivity and passion for the strength of our diversity are strongly encouraged to apply.
Employment with Texas State University is contingent upon the outcome of record checks and verifications including criminal history, driving records, education records, employment verifications, reference checks, and employment eligibility verifications.
Texas State University is a tobacco-free campus. Smoking and the use of any tobacco product will not be allowed anywhere on Texas State property or in university owned or leased vehicles.
Texas State University is a member of the Texas State University System. Texas State University is an EOE.
Texas State is committed to increasing the number of women and minorities in administrative and professional positions.
• Amazing health insurance: various coverage options starting your first day of employment for full-time employees with Texas State paying 100% of the employee premium and 50% for your dependents!
• Generous paid time off: vacation, holidays, sick days and many more!
• Excellent work life balance resources: mother and family-friendly resources in addition to a comprehensive FREE wellness program
• Great training and development opportunities: choose from a variety of classroom and online course offerings, learning resources, certifications, and employee educational support programs.
• An inclusive Bobcat community: join our many social networks offered on and off-campus
• Retirement peace of mind: TRS pension, retirement plans and voluntary saving options with generous employer contributions
By joining the Texas State Bobcat team, you’ll be a part of one of the most beautiful, diverse, and growing universities in the nation.