Grant Specialist - Project CoordinatorUniversity Pay Plan Title:
Curriculum And InstructionRecruitment Type:
Open to AllJob Type:
$5,250Job Category :
ExemptRequired Qualifications: Applicants must specifically address how they meet these required qualifications to meet the requirements of the position.:
• Bachelor’s degree in education or related field.
• Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing,
• Ability to prepare clear, concise, and grammatically correct professional reports.
• Experience working with a diverse group of people/students.
• Demonstrated skills to operate grant office and technical equipment, including iPads, audio-recorders, and data management software including Excel.
• Ability to build rapport with external agencies (teachers, schools, and districts).
• Demonstrated knowledge of descriptive statistics (means, standard deviation, etc.), with preference to a working knowledge of quantitative methods in the social sciences.
• Previous experience with organizing and managing teams of educators, or professionals in a related field.
• Experience disseminating research results at professional conferences and within professional, peer-reviewed journals.
• Master’s degree or higher in education or related field.
• Two or more years of experience working in a field focusing on a high-needs population of students, children, or adolescents.
• Experience with University research projects focusing on academics, intervention, or assessment.
• Experience supervising Graduate Research Assistants (GRAs), educators, or other professionals in a related field.
• Experience establishing and maintaining contact with educational agencies (teachers, schools, and districts).
• Experience communicating and coordinating with external agencies regarding research activities.
• Ability to score and enter teacher and student data as well as assist with compilation of results.
• Experience with dissemination of results at professional conferences and/or within professional, peer-reviewed journals.
Faculty in special education seek to hire a grant specialist to support the implementation of a federally-funded research grant from the Institute of Education Sciences. The grant focuses on exploring the writing instruction provided by special education and general education teachers to fourth-grade students with disabilities. Position responsibilities include supporting major project activities including data collection, data management, daily project implementation, and dissemination of the grant research. This position will also be responsible for assisting with completion of compliance reports to be submitted to external funding agencies.Job Duties:
• Effectively communicate and coordinate with the research team as well as external agencies.
• Establish and maintain contacts with participating teachers, schools, Principals, and districts.
• Supervise Graduate Research Assistants (GRAs).
• Uphold and adhere to guidelines outlined by the Institutional Review Board (IRB).
• Prepare materials for data collection and other research activities.
• Operate and manage grant equipment, including iPads, audio-recorders, and data management software.
• Coordinate teacher observation and student testing schedules.
• Data entry and database management.
• Document and record activities implemented during the grant.
• Administer and maintain electronic surveys completed by teachers.
• Develop written narratives for fliers, publications, and press releases.
• Respond to inquiries regarding grant activities.
• Monitor progress towards grant goals and adjust procedures as necessary.
• Conducting teacher observations.
• May assist with administering standardized assessments to students with disabilities.
• Potentially assist with material purchases, travel reimbursement, and budget compliance reports.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
For inquiries, please e-mail Dr. Stephen Ciullo, chair of the Search Committee, at [email protected] Please indicate “Grant Specialist” in the subject line of all correspondence.
This position is expected to begin Summer 2021.Job Open Date:
03/30/2021Open Until Filled:
YesNormal Work Days:
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, FridayNormal Work Hours Start:
8:00AMNormal Work Hours End:
You will be required to electronically attach a resume, cover letter, and list of references to your application.Legal and Required Notices:
Texas State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, committed to inclusive thought and action in support of our diverse community. Individuals from historically underrepresented groups and all those who share our commitment to inclusivity and passion for the strength of our diversity are strongly encouraged to apply.
Employment with Texas State University is contingent upon the outcome of record checks and verifications including criminal history, driving records, education records, employment verifications, reference checks, and employment eligibility verifications.
Texas State University is a tobacco-free campus. Smoking and the use of any tobacco product will not be allowed anywhere on Texas State property or in university owned or leased vehicles.
Texas State University is a member of the Texas State University System. Texas State University is an EOE.
Texas State is committed to increasing the number of women and minorities in administrative and professional positions.
• Amazing health insurance: various coverage options starting your first day of employment for full-time employees with Texas State paying 100% of the employee premium and 50% for your dependents!
• Generous paid time off: vacation, holidays, sick days and many more!
• Excellent work life balance resources: mother and family-friendly resources in addition to a comprehensive FREE wellness program
• Great training and development opportunities: choose from a variety of classroom and online course offerings, learning resources, certifications, and employee educational support programs.
• An inclusive Bobcat community: join our many social networks offered on and off-campus
• Retirement peace of mind: TRS pension, retirement plans and voluntary saving options with generous employer contributions
By joining the Texas State Bobcat team, you’ll be a part of one of the most beautiful, diverse, and growing universities in the nation.