University of California Irvine
Updated: Mar 31, 2021
Location: UC Irvine Campus
Department: VC Health Affairs Admin
Job Opening ID: 16961
Reports To: Assistant Dean, Education Compliance and Quality
Working Title: Instructional Designer
Department: VC Health Affairs Administration
Bargaining Unit: 99
Payroll Job Code: 006147
Job Location: UCI Campus- Irvine
Percent of Time: 100%
Work Schedule: 8-5, M-F
Employee Class: Contract
The newly formed Office of Education in the Susan and Henry Samueli College of Health Sciences is responsible for educating the next generation of health sciences professionals to transcend current boundaries. The Office of Education brings the disciplines and people of the college together by developing curricula for interprofessional education, coordinating academic program development, providing educational technology resources, and offering student support services.
Uses advanced technical skills related to learning management systems, multimedia design, assessment systems, communication tools, streaming media platforms, and multimedia creative applications to meet unique and often "new" requirements related to online course design and development. Analysis of project requirements requires in-depth evaluation and understanding of learning goals, perhaps woven through a series of courses, and how technology tools facilitate creation of content and management of data related to behavior and performance. Interacts with senior internal and external personnel and has an exceptional command of communications that represents the organization. May assume responsibility for a program of courses offered at a university or with university affiliates. Provides guidance to other instructional designers, particularly across campus partnerships. Provides faculty development and training on instructional design and various learning systems and platforms so faculty are able to effectively deliver content to students.
Annually: $68,500.00 - $104,300.00
- 5-7 years of work experience in designing high quality academic courses for online or blended delivery and/or re-designing traditional on-ground courses for online or blended delivery.
- Advanced degree in an area related to education, communications, educational technology, instructional systems, or other academic discipline.
- Advanced ability to conduct analysis and develop recommendations, demonstrating organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Advanced analytical, verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills, collaboration, and negotiation skills.
- Advanced knowledge of instructional design principles and learning strategies, including needs analysis, backwards design, learning outcomes and assessment design, and instructional approaches including lecture, discussion, activities, projects, etc.
- Advanced knowledge of the technical tools and platforms required to achieve the delivery of engaging and media-rich online learning content, and of trends in the use and effectiveness of educational technology and learning.
- Advanced understanding of business strategies and market priorities related to online learning and achievement of organizational goals.
- Advanced knowledge and skills with relevant business software systems and content creation tools.
- Advanced knowledge of applying adult learning theories and education methodologies in creative ways.
- Advanced knowledge of e-learning strategies including but not limited to courses (e.g., processes and technologies, etc.).
- Expert level skills in application of planning, resourcing, and monitoring of effective design life cycles of training and other learning and performance solutions to support the organization.
- Thorough knowledge to conduct appropriate job and task analyses in the context of instructional design of technical or specialized training.
- Advanced knowledge of organization
Final candidate subject to background check. As a federal contractor, UC Irvine is required to use E-Verify to confirm the work status of individuals assigned to perform substantial work under certain federal contracts/subcontracts.
The University of California, Irvine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.
UCI provides reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities upon request. For more information, please contact Human Resources at (949) 824-0500.
To apply, visit https://careersucirvine.ttcportals.com/jobs/6533158-instructional-designer
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency