PHARMACY SUPERVISOR 2- SPECIALTY PHARMACY- F/T DAY SHIFT
PHARMACY SUPERVISOR 2- SPECIALTY PHARMACY- F/T DAY SHIFT
Updated: Apr 1, 2021
Department: Specialty Pharmacy
UC Title: PHARMACY SUPV 2
Reports to: Senior Pharmacy Manager
Cost Center: Specialty Pharmacy (427173)
Job Code: 006622
Shift: Day Shift
Position Number: 40794845
Working Title: Pharmacy Supervisor 2
Bargaining Unit: No Bargaining Unit
Date Created: 3/29/2021
Under the general supervision of the Manager, Pharmaceutical Services, the Senior Pharmacist Supervisor/ Outpatient Pharmacy shall be responsible for providing direct supervision to pharmacists and certified, licensed, and skilled technical employees in outpatient Pharmacy practice areas. Functions as an advisor to the department and Pharmacy leadership. Analyzes and resolves problems, interprets and implements policies (e.g., operational, management, HR, resource management in defined areas) and demonstrates solid subject matter knowledge (e.g., regulatory, operational and clinical). Exercises judgment within defined procedures and policies to determine appropriate action. The Outpatient Pharmacy Supervisor works alongside the staff processing and filling prescriptions and Supervises staff to assure accountability and stewardship of department resources (operational, financial and human) in compliance with departmental goals and objectives and all State and Federal Laws. The Pharmacist Supervisor is responsible to ensure an efficient, smooth and safe operation within their practice area.
Duties include, but are not limited to: participation in the hiring process, including performing candidate interviews and making recommendations for hire; independent evaluation of Pharmacy Staff direct reports' performance and recommendations for performance ratings; recommendations for promotional opportunities and reclassifications; has independent authority to issue written warnings and suspensions and determines what discipline should be imposed upon a subordinate OR recommends such. The Outpatient Pharmacy Supervisor (OPS) reports to the Pharmacy Manager and oversees, supervises and directs the health system's operational, clinical, administrative, and financial aspects of outpatient specialty pharmacy (OSP) services related to the safe and effective management of specialty medication therapies and in accordance with the unit's strategic goals. The OPS will provide comprehensive supervision of the Outpatient Pharmacy's operations including procurement, dispensing, storage of medications, administration and monitoring. This position works closely with frontline staff to ensure all aspects of Pharmacy's operations meet all pharmacy standards and regulatory requirements to deliver safe, high quality products and services.
The OPS will work with pharmacy management to design, plan and implement the pharmacy related components of the Outpatient Pharmacy. The OPS works with other pharmacy supervisors to plan and execute strategies to market and grow the outpatient pharmacy services offered.
The OPS is responsible for ensuring the optimal reimbursement for high cost specialty medications prescribed in various UCI Health centers, clinics and cancer centers. The OSPS is responsible for overseeing the daily operations of the OSP and other duties as assigned. The OPS will serve as the CA BOP Pharmacist-in-Charge and is required to have an active license in good standing.
Minimum Midpoint Maximum
Annual Rate $95100 $167600 $240100
- Current BLS or ACLS upon hire
- Ability to maintain a work pace appropriate to the workload
- Must demonstrate customer service skills appropriate to the job
- Knowledge of 340B program
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, interpersonal skills, and sound work ethic
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Demonstrates effective use of computers and software applications used to practice
- One year of clinical pharmacy experience as a licensed pharmacist or completion of PGY1 by time of hire
- Active registered pharmacist license in good standing with the CA Board of Pharmacy
- Must have current knowledge of drug references, Joint Commission requirements, and other regulatory standards
- Strong clinical background in specialty pharmacy focused disease states preferred.
- Good understanding of limited distribution restrictions, specialty medication REMS program requirements, cold chain distribution and storage and medication delivery systems and management. Capable of assuming responsibility for evaluating and monitoring drug therapy relative to the total needs/problems of the ambulatory care patient in collaboration with physicians, nurses and other healthcare professionals
- Ability to extract pertinent information from the patient or other sources and relate it to the patient's medical management plan
- Good problem solver with strong clinical skills necessary to both educate and supervise technical and other support staff.
- Able to work effectively with others to provide safe and effective drug therapy.
- Dependable in attendance and job performance.
- Team player with a positive attitude.
- Ability to collaborate and work well in a cross-functional team environment; including the ability to manage projects and deadlines, and to set and meet goals and priorities for self and others with minimal supervision.
- Pharm.D. highly desirable
- Ability to operate EPIC Willow Ambulatory (WAM) computer system to process and verify prescriptions
- Participation and membership in professional societies and organizations is desirable
- Knowledge of URAC and ACHC standards
- Travel Medicine Certification
- Medication Therapy Management Experience
Physical, Mental, & Environmental Demands
To comply with the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 the essential physical, mental and environmental requirements for this job are listed below. These are requirements normally expected to perform regular job duties. Incumbent must be able to successfully perform all of the functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
To apply, visit https://careersucirvine.ttcportals.com/jobs/6534265-pharmacy-supervisor-2-specialty-pharmacy-f-slash-t-day-shift
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency